Generation disrespectful?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree some youth are out of control the other day i was going to safeway and outside was a group of 4 kids around 14-16 i would guess anyway they were just randomly yelling abuse at people walking out and throwing water bombs, one of them was screaming at some old lady around 90 "nice *** you ****ing **** wanna ****" on my way out one of them threw a water bomb on me and it hit my jeans so i put my shopping on the ground and went over to the group and they all started cheering and clapping like idiots then one of the heros pushed me and was like *** u going to do so i must of used all of my force and pushed him as hard as i could and he went flying onto the ground and started crying lol. Quickly high tailed out of there incase the police were called.

It is hard work to discipline a child, to pull them up for this and that, much easier to just let them do what they want. That is the problem.

Agree some youth are out of control the other day i was going to safeway and outside was a group of 4 kids around 14-16 i would guess anyway they were just randomly yelling abuse at people walking out and throwing water bombs, one of them was screaming at some old lady around 90 "nice *** you ****ing **** wanna ****" on my way out one of them threw a water bomb on me and it hit my jeans so i put my shopping on the ground and went over to the group and they all started cheering and clapping like idiots then one of the heros pushed me and was like *** u going to do so i must of used all of my force and pushed him as hard as i could and he went flying onto the ground and started crying lol. Quickly high tailed out of there incase the police were called.

Funny how it is mostly males that have this 'gang' mentality. Not all but most. Need I say more.....
Testosterone has a LOT to answer for...

Last edited by a moderator:
the guy who asked were i live , i live in the sutherland shire

to the girl who said im 18 so im probly one of these kids, i to am 18 i am more talking about the very young kids 12 and under

yes i do agree there are some very nice kids out there, i have had bus seats offered to me by 14 year olds and 8 year olds in school uniform (normaly get some sort of reward like a lollie or something because i normly have sumthing on me). i have seen some kids offer to carry bags for old people to their cars. so yes there are some nice people out ther still.

yes each gen whould have said it about the next upcoming gen but i think it gets alot worse with each gen.

now ending on a positive note i saw i kid on the train yestaday who stood up and offered his seat to an old lady then after that he told 3 other people round his age to stand up and have respect so that the oher old people can sit, 2 of the 3 stood up so the boy said ok fine ur not coming to my birthday :p....seems to be fair i think hahaha

It is hard work to discipline a child, to pull them up for this and that, much easier to just let them do what they want. That is the problem.

Funny how it is mostly males that have this 'gang' mentality. Not all but most. Need I say more.....
Testosterone has a LOT to answer for...

Definitely agree with the second statement Fay, i guess im lucky living in a small town i know most of the kids being only 20 myself so i generally know their brothers/sisters and what not, and never have an issue, hear some very disrespectful stories of some of them through family friends etc.
I must admit im disrespectful to ticket inspectors but hey, they deserve it!

the guy who asked were i live , i live in the sutherland shire

to the girl who said im 18 so im probly one of these kids, i to am 18 i am more talking about the very young kids 12 and under

yes i do agree there are some very nice kids out there, i have had bus seats offered to me by 14 year olds and 8 year olds in school uniform (normaly get some sort of reward like a lollie or something because i normly have sumthing on me)OMG Never take candy from strangers? . i have seen some kids offer to carry bags for old people to their cars. so yes there are some nice people out ther still.

yes each gen whould have said it about the next upcoming gen but i think it gets alot worse with each gen.

now ending on a positive note i saw i kid on the train yestaday who stood up and offered his seat to an old lady then after that he told 3 other people round his age to stand up and have respect so that the oher old people can sit, 2 of the 3 stood up so the boy said ok fine ur not coming to my birthday :p....seems to be fair i think hahaha

Dannyboi

If the cops did come you would have been fine. Being hit with a water bomb is actually assault.

OMG Never take candy from strangers?
Dannyboi

Oh hey there little boy/girl, want to learn some resepct? :lol: That's terrible.

I guess most people have seen the thing in Glenelg recently?
the group of three 14 year olds (or there abouts) who punched a man in his 60's and stole his wallet?

...oh how tough they are! pfft.

every single generation complains about the new one , welcome to life.
i blame the baby bonus, people who shouldnt breed, were breeding for the 1000's in the cash pay out, thanks liberal party

and do you know what its like being a parent do you ?

No, but I do understand the right and wrong methods of parenthood. I'm looking forward to having children, and I want to raise them in the best way possible. I have observed what to do, and what not to do. For example, I'm not going to bribe my screaming child into behaving with junk food. I'm presuming your a parent. Is that the way you raise your kids?

the old people who think new generations are misparenting raised the parents that are now misparenting... perhaps if previous generations were shown more respect by their parents they would not tippy toe around their children in the hope that they are nothing like their parents.

I have to disagree. Each generation says the same about the newest one. I agree there are different cultural trends during each generation (eg smacking vs no smacking etc), but blaming the trends for poor behaviour instead of the inate characteristics of the particular age-group is incorrect.

Take this quote as an example:

"Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers."

Socrates said that around 2400 years ago. Nothing has changed. Kids and young adolescents are brats. It's part of development.

sorry, but that that is a wrongly attributed quote... it always gets a workout in threads like these,in fact i was waiting for it so i could point that out. i think it is actually attributed to a dutch mayor or the like.

i agree with your sentiments though. young people always seem rude to the older people jealous of youth.

Last edited:
Bring back the cane!!!!!....oh that thread got closed.....

No respect I agree.....soloution....who knows.........people are getting hasseled in broad daylight just doing their shopping for crying out loud........I personally have a very good fence and 2 very good dogs which do not take into account a lout may only be 16 years old or so.

What sucks is these days you can get in trouble if your dog bites an intruder, what is the intruder doing there? Laws have made it easier for criminals to break in and grab what they please

What sucks is these days you can get in trouble if your dog bites an intruder, what is the intruder doing there? Laws have made it easier for criminals to break in and grab what they please

I know...........but whoever gets over my fence will be in more trouble.......haha

Burry the bodies nobody has to know. Did you hear about that crim who broke in by smashing a window tried slipping through and cut up his stomach on the glass that he had broken who successfully sued the house owners?

No, but I do understand the right and wrong methods of parenthood. I'm looking forward to having children, and I want to raise them in the best way possible. I have observed what to do, and what not to do. For example, I'm not going to bribe my screaming child into behaving with junk food. I'm presuming your a parent. Is that the way you raise your kids?

you know nothing of the sort, come back and say that when your a parent, i am a parent and a dam good one, i dont disagree with this thread at all, i see parents using the so called wrong methods of raising their children all the time but i can asure you it is alot different when you have children of your own and it might sound easy to handle now but when you are in the situation yourself its very different, so all im saying is that i dont think you have a say or can say what you said in your post because you dont know whats it like.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, but that that is a wrongly attributed quote... it always gets a workout in threads like these,in fact i was waiting for it so i could point that out. i think it is actually attributed to a dutch mayor or the like.

Yup, you're spot on - just did some research! Bugger, and it illustrated my point so well!! Oh well, the Dutch dude said it in 1966 so it still illustrates it's not just 'this' generation.

My nephew is a perfect example of disrespect. He doesn't say please when he wants something, he just orders around and his mom does it anyway. He is loud and say rude things to to us older than him. I don't know but I think my sister forgot to instill discipline in him. Just last week, he actually kicked my uncle because he thinks it's fun and to think my uncle is not that young anymore. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back