Genetic Calculator

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D3pro

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This amazing calculator is perfect for figuring out complex genetic equations.

Genetic Wizard

When putting two recessive genes: Double het to double het for Albino and Axanthic

6.25% WT
12.5% Het. Axanthic
6.25% Homozygous
Axanthic
12.5% Het. Albino ,
25.0% Het.
Albino , Het. Axanthic
12.5% Het.
Albino , Homozygous Axanthic
6.25% Homozygous
Albino ,
12.5% Homozygous
Albino , Het. Axanthic
6.25% Homozygous
Albino , Homozygous Axanthic < SNOWS

Adding Co-dom to the equation.

Keep in mind that marking co-dominant mutations like "jaguar" needs to be Het. (Since jags are het for dead lucy) and you can click on the marker co-dominant. So a co-dom (het) over an recessive (homo) will look like this:

Het. Jaguar c ,
x
Homozygous albino

50.0% Het. albino
50.0% Het. Jaguar c , Het. albino

The "c" marks the visual gene.

So lets make a complex equation.

What would you get if you put together a hypo het for albino with a jaguar het for albino?

Het. Albino , Het. Jaguar c ,
x
Het. Albino , Het. Hypo c

6.25% WT
6.25% Het. Hypo c
6.25% Het. Jaguar c ,
6.25% Het. Jaguar c , Het. Hypo c
12.5% Het. Albino ,
12.5% Het. Albino , Het. Hypo c
12.5% Het. Albino , Het. Jaguar c ,
12.5% Het. Albino , Het. Jaguar c , Het. Hypo c
6.25% Homozygous Albino ,
6.25% Homozygous Albino , Het. Hypo c
6.25% Homozygous Albino , Het. Jaguar c ,
6.25% Homozygous Albino , Het. Jaguar c , Het. Hypo c

Have fun with making your own!
(vote for sticky ;) )

yes why can't it be gecka+gecka=eggs or like more simple like if a albino=0.20 and hypo=0.40 and then you have like
um to get [mutation] you need to have a sum of 0.60
so then you have a list of numbers of their um genetic value then it would be cool like if i have 1 normal 3 albinos 2hypos and if
albino=0.20
hypo=0.40
normal0.10
weird spider mutation=0.50
[yes i know this is completly wrong]
so i would put my albino with my normal to get a weird spider thingy that would be very very very very very very very very very very very very very cool and handy [not the weird spider thingy] but all the sums

How most people look like when they read this thread
View attachment 258514 ''i know what that means like totally''

Last edited:
thanks for the help, although i have this in a text book lol (not exactly this but complex genetics)

Hi I have a pair of coastals that both are 66%her for axanthic and 50% het albino if I breed this pair what will the hatchs genetic be thanks

that would depend on whether or not your snakes are actually carrying the recessive genes, 66% het and 50% het mean theres a 66% and a 50% chance that the snakes actually carry the gene, they could just as well be normal,.....

Ok I know the genetics of there parents dad is 100% het axanthic and 100% het albino and there mum is 100% het axanthic if this helps my question so your saying I would have to breed them to prove out there genetics

Ok I know the genetics of there parents dad is 100% het axanthic and 100% het albino and there mum is 100% het axanthic if this helps my question so your saying I would have to breed them to prove out there genetics

The problem is you can't tell which hatchlings are carrying the genes that there parents had
So both the hatchies could just be normals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back