Genetics question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morgs202

Reaction score
Hi all, just a bit curious about this one as I don't know a heap about genetics. Is the hypermelanistic trait in blue tongues basically the same as albinoism? As in do you need either hets, a hyper and a het or two hypers to get hypermelanistic offspring?

Pretty much yes. The Het's appear to be visible to a degree as well so you could think of it as a Co-dom trait instead of a recessive one if that is the case.

Interesting... Very much thinking of getting one, but you just don't seem to see tons of hets up for sale. Gotta start somewhere though I geuss :)

hey morgs. i have both albinos, blacks and hets of both as well. and you are right they dont come up for sale very often.
and when they do they usually sell quite quickly. i just recently picked up 3 juvenile 100% black hets for $600 from a guy in
south australia. your best bet is to check all the classifieds on the net daily (herptrader, RDU, petpages, petlink etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back