Ghost?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood."

Hehehe I just love this saying.....
I don't suppose you know who owns it?

How bout....
A heap of bullets flying in ur direction.... or if way back in the day a heap of arrows...
There don't need to be feared.... only understood!!

(hehe, just havin some fun)

I am a believer and have had several encounters. Also know of other peoples genuine encounters, but it would take me too long to tell about them at moment, maybe later when I have more time

One night after fishing at Wyangala Dam a mate and I packed up (around midnight) to drive home. As we drove over the dam wall, towards the release gates, we both saw an older man with grey hair dressed in a light blue track suit with twin white stripes down the sleeves and legs (You know the old 70's style trackies?;)) standing on the left side of the road thumbing a ride.

At the time we were only driving at approx 40kph and as we drove passed we decided to stop and ask if he wanted a lift. I looked in the rear vision mirror and he was gone! We looked everywhere but there was nothing there, no other cars, campers, people, anything.

Both my friend and I had a real cold feeling (like cold shivers) and got the hell out of there! :lol: Looking back now it is funny but at the time it scared the cr@p out of us :lol:

vixenbabe said:
I just cant understand how people dont believe though, even here just in the community of APS, look how many people have had experiences. Not all people are liars.

I would hate to live a life that has no spirituality to it and with such a closed mind. Bare in mind you don't necesarily have to be religious to be spiritual, because im not involved with any religion whatsoever, and imo christianity is a load of bull*****, no offence to anyone here but I am entitled to my opionion. I personally believe its one reason for existing is to deprive the human race of 'advancing' or evolving if you will, spiritually. Its like a prison for the mind and soul.

Don't you think that statement is a bit hypocritical? I mean, I'm not a christian and don't believe in it myself but, to say "I just cant understand how people dont believe though, even here just in the community of APS, look how many people have had experiences. Not all people are liars." and then in the same post say "imo christianity is a load of bull*****"? How many people out there believe in Christ? I understand that is your opinion and that's cool because you have no reason to believe in the religion but maybe the people that don't believe in spirits haven't had a reason to believe either?

OK - Here's the deal... In my opinion only - The metaphysical world... hmmmm...

So in order to be a ghost you need some form of meta-physical being - perhaps something that can't be explained by science.

Or maybe, because of movies etc, you force yourself into believing these things.

I always wonder why over 90% of all alien abductions occur in the USA. Don't aliens prefer Australians?

Ok - we die... no more life left in us. Our cells slowly begin to break down into their constituent atoms (sodium, chlorine, phosphorus etc...). We're now available for uptake into various animals, plants and other life. For example fungi, bacteria, worms and plants.

From there we can be taken up into higher life forms, birds, other animals etc... Eventually all our weee atoms are all over the show...

So what state of matter is the 'meta-physical' state... Go on say it... Plasma??? Plasma - a fully ionised gas? The fourth state of matter....?

I'm not really able to argue this concept because there's a general lack of understanding on both sides.

Ghosts, in theory can't exist - you'll probably have to believe in god, heaven and hell in order to believe that ghosts have a possibility to exist!

Ah Slim6y... the body is only a vessel... i don't know what happens after death, even after some small experiences but the way you say it is good... like reincarnation only into the earth.... but then i'd like someone to explain some of the events... UNLESS ghosts are actually aliens who have come to earth to mess with our heads.... hey who knows? (haha no it's not drugs.... i watch too much Torchwood and Dr Who... sorry!). Also pics for some later (the back stories are more exciting than anything) after i get home from work.

WE should have a massive APS campfire ghost story night! only... we all live over Australia.... damnit! OH well Townsville people when it warms up...

I think people these days underestimate the power of our minds. Our minds are able to alter our thoughts, memories etc. Im sure some of you have experienced this. I dont beleive in ghosts, gods, or any supernatural being, all evidense is construde and memories r easily changed by someone who wants to beleive.

What makes you so confidant there not real? All because you haven't seen one before? Or that your scared if you belive in them you might see one and that your scared of?

At this point in time, the existence of ghosts has not been proven scientifically. People seem to be so easger to jump to supernatural conclusions, instead of considering the other options: that the person who said they saw a ghost is lying, or wants to believe so much that they've deluded themselves; that a lot of people who take ghost photos don't rule out that they've snapped dust particles, hair or camera straps, or that it's just pareidolia, or that they Photoshop pics; and that "paranormal investigators" are woeful (the ones I've seen are, anyway). All of that makes for inadequate proof.

I understand that people have this urge to believe in something greater, beyond themselves, but wishing that gods or ghosts would exist isn't going to make them pop into existence. People who have this urge annoy me. The world we live in, and the creatures we share it with, are incredible. You don't need to be a scientific genius to learn and understand that. There are wonders in nature that make the supernatural pale by comparison.

I think people these days underestimate the power of our minds. Our minds are able to alter our thoughts, memories etc. Im sure some of you have experienced this. I dont beleive in ghosts, gods, or any supernatural being, all evidense is construde and memories r easily changed by someone who wants to beleive.

I salute you. :D

That's true Nickamon. But to argue that science has an explanation for all of these occurences that people experience isn't as water tight as alot of people think. Like you have said these things can't be proved scientifically to be ghosts etc so they can't be real. Alot of the most basic underpinnings of science to explain the world around us can not and probably will never be proven. There maybe evidence to back them up but they can never be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt.

People do see ghosts. People even talk to them for hours on end. No one can say exactly what is there, wether they are a spirit or an imagination. The same as you can't prove they are really exist, you can't prove that they do not. It's like proving god does or does not exist.

Last night, around midnight, my girlfriend woke up from a dream that her boss had a mild heart attack. This morning when she went to work someone else was doing his job and said he was taken to hospital last night around 11pm with sever chest pains!

My girlfriend told me about the dream before she went to work so I know she isn't making it up. How does science explain that? Or would it be passed off as coincidence?

There is way more to our minds than we know and there could be way more to life (or afterlife) itself than we know.

Anyone ever walked through Gore Hill (Sydney) cemetary right on dark or at night? When I used to go to North Sydney Tech many years ago I used to always walk through there right on dusk and several times I used to see these whitish smoky-fog like shapes kind of shaped like a person moving around. When you would walk directly towards them they would move into a headstone or crypt but were clearly visible and human like. The closest you could get was about 30 feet distance before they would move away only to come back as if they were following you. . I even had other people with me on occassion and they saw them too. Whatever it was I don't know, but was pretty cool and used to get the adrenalin pumping :lol:

Boo :D

oK I dont know where to start lol I have never had an experience with a ghost or spirit... But...
My mums best friends son was killed when he was 3 yo and my brother was 5yo ... they use to play together all the time they loved playing with toy cars and a while after JJ (the 3yo) died my bro was found playing cars and talking to someone... when he was asked who he told them he was playing with JJ.... this happened for a long time also when i was 5 yo my mothers father died a while after his funeral my Brother (6 years older) was found sitting up in bed "talking" mum heard him and went to check and when she asked him what he was doing he said he was talking to Poppy Jack (my pet name for pop).... So no i havent had a personal experience but my bro who doesnt believe in anything mental or metaphysical obviously had some experiences when he was younger.... In saying that after my dads father died for about 3 nights after he died i heard his walker going up and down the hall way i thought it was in my head until i told my best mate who actually stayed with me after he died coz i didnt wanna be alone and she said she heard it too.... But each to their own i find some comfort in knowing and feeling loved ones around even if i dont see them. alot of people in my family have had spirital experiences but i could write all day about it and still have more lol

just to add a lil more JJ's mum (Bev) mums best friend died recently and mum has smelt her around and felt her.... so thats kind of comforting.... when bev was alive i remember her telling me how JJ use to come and visit her and she knew it was him because she could feel him... he would wake her up by rubbing her leg while she was in bed.... creepy but very sweet

Last night, around midnight, my girlfriend woke up from a dream that her boss had a mild heart attack. This morning when she went to work someone else was doing his job and said he was taken to hospital last night around 11pm with sever chest pains!

My girlfriend told me about the dream before she went to work so I know she isn't making it up. How does science explain that? Or would it be passed off as coincidence?

There is way more to our minds than we know and there could be way more to life (or afterlife) itself than we know.

That has nothing to do with ghosts... This actually does have some scientific revelation.

Experiments done on dogs:

A dog was left at home one day - in an unordinary scheduele. The dog was filmed around the house. Did nothing, slept... Got comfy... Slept more...

Then the owner turned around and started coming home (many kilometres from their house) the dog became quite excited. No chance of smell or anything. The dog was clearly far more active. Then the owner came home and th edog was ready and waiting.

There is a chance we connect at a level with people and animals that is hard to understand. Some people can naturally have the gift of this site - not saying all of us don't have it, but some do.

The old adage that we only use 10% of our brains is bollocks, we use all of our brains, but certain connections are different amongst individuals (obviously). Some people are more aware of their surrounds, others less so.

Take for example another experiment. 20 girls were shown 5 very similar sized men (body size only) - all dressed identically, all had balaclavas covering their entire face, except a small amount of skin... Each girl (of the 20) was to choose a guy to date based only on that small patch of cheek skin.

Each girl picked exactly the same male... All others had some disease of some sort (already identified at the start).

Phenomina??? Not likely... Natural selection... likely... The same reason your GF dreamt about the heart attack is her subconcious abillity to tap into that 'cheek mating' evidence - perhaps...

Does anybody have ghost? If so waht are your experiances with them, haev you seen them? Met them? Talked to them? what'd they say? and so forth very intreiged (sp?) by this subject.
Thanks in advance!

Does anybody have ghost?? - erm ... maybe ghost's?

or ghost the movie? - I think my mother has ghost.

If its the movie then maybe she has it , and I'm sure she would talk to it:shock:

If its the other type of "have ghost" then , yer/sorta/why you wanna know and not too sure what intreiged is... so maybe???:shock:

Unless i see them with my own eyes, they are not real!!!

so seeing as you haven't personally seen the world is round, it isn't??
and all the countries you haven't personally visited yet, they aren't real either?? :eek:

:p

so seeing as you haven't personally seen the world is round, it isn't??
and all the countries you haven't personally visited yet, they aren't real either?? :eek:

:p

erm I saw the movie once in k-mart , so it is very real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back