• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Giant Burrowing Roach Colony

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Possum

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Qty 11

Macropanesthia Rhinoceros

Giant Burrowing Cockroach

2 x 4 yrs
2 x 2 yrs
7 x 1 yr

From approx. 3cm to 7cm

They can grow as big as the palm of your hand, measuring up to 80 millimetres. They can weigh up to 35 grams, making them the heaviest cockroaches in the world.
They can live for up to 10 years. They do not have wings. The females do not lay eggs. They bear live young with up to 30 in a clutch.
Giant Cockroaches can be kept in a medium sized tank with a few inches of sandy soil and can be fed dry eucalyptus leaves.
I have been breeding them for about 8 yrs and I would normally sell them to a pet store but I have found that they are sold to ppl that don't know anything about them and I would prefer that ppl with a genuine interest in protecting Australian natives own these cute critters.
I am selling them with the enclosure which is 30cm wide x 30cm high and 70cm long glass with fitted lid and yummy leaves which they like.
I am selling because my son has developed a genuine fear and I would like to allay the fear by not having him see them daily (he is 3 and I have no idea why he dislikes roaches - I hate the common ones but I don't think I squeal like a girl hehe - maybe).

Macquarie Fields, pick up only not willing to freight.

Anne - PM if interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the responses: I am not willing to separate them yet, I would prefer to sell them as a group.

Still available.

- - - Updated - - -

Asking $240 for the habitat and the Roaches and their leaves. Great pets, they don't need walking or bathing and little cleaning :)
Please PM if interested.
Pick up Macquarie Fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back