Giant croc captured alive in Philippines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A ONE-tonne saltwater crocodile has been captured in a southern Philippine town.

ZAOOEvCQqBk

Published On: 05-Sep-11 11:04 PM
Source: AP via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

Here you go steve.
In this photo taken Sunday, Sept. 4, 2011, Mayor Cox Elorde of Bunawan township, Agusan del Sur Province, pretends to measure a huge crocodile which was captured by residents and crocodile farm staff along a creek in Bunawan late Saturday in southern Philippines.(AP Photo)
800_ap_philippines_killer_crocodile_110905.jpg

source:Giant croc to become star of Philippines tourist park - CTV News
MANILA, Philippines — Villagers and experts have captured a one-ton saltwater crocodile which they plan to make the star of a planned ecotourism park in a southern Philippine town.

Mayor Cox Elorde said Monday that dozens of villagers and experts ensnared the 6.4-meter male crocodile along a creek in Bunawan township in Agusan del Sur province after a three-week hunt. It is one of the largest crocodiles to be captured alive in the Philippines in recent years.

Elorde says the crocodile killed a water buffalo in an attack witnessed by villagers last month and is also suspected of having attacked a fisherman who went missing in July.

Elorde says putting the huge crocodile in a tourism park will turn it "From a threat into an asset."

That things feet are almost as big as me in total! :shock: They really are beautiful, even though 'just a bit' scary! :lol:

Just imagine what that huge croc has been eating on over its lifetime I hope they look after it properly and it doesnt become a sideshow attraction

;they plan to make the star of a planned ecotourism park in a southern Philippine town; why cant they just relocate it so it can breed and create more giants?

I remember they did a tracking study of big salties up around the cape at some stage, might have even been Steve Irwins boat.
If I remember correctly those big salties will travel thousands of km's to return to their territories, sometimes not straight away either, one big male stayed down in the gulf of Carpentaria till the season changed then swam back when the currents were right, was an interesting read actually

Well lets hope they can keep him healthy & happy in their park. He might have been the "Lake Placid" star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back