Giant Queensland Spider Devours Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, I've worn quite a few golden orbs!

We had one that used to web across a path we walked every day. Eventually it built a web with a human sized gap in it. (Although it still collected a few hats!)

I'm thinking that it's a Northern Tree Snake too. Which leaves me shaking my head lamenting the fact that there are basically none of these in captivity ...

Golden orbs are the best anyway they run off when they see you coming or drop to ground if you do ride into there webs great spiders and bloody quick.

Did anyone read the article??

Made me sad..... Apparently the "ordeal" lasted several hours.

The guy also states "the snake finally surrendered to the spiders venoum. The snake tried to strike it many times but the spider ran up the Webb. :( poor thing.

Also it states the spider was just chewing on the snake n where it had bitten was black?? That says to me the poor snake had been there a while!! Omg :(

I think I would hav tried to save the snake IMO. But I'm also the type that cries in docco's cos an animal kills another to survive. But still sounds like a horrible way to die. :(
A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back