Gippsland water dragon size mixing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroy1983

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have 2 gippsland water dragons, one which I believe is male, he is 38cm head to tip of tail and a smaller one which I believe may be female and she is 25cm head to tip of tail. I have them housed separately at the moment and I was wondering if i would be able to put the smaller one in with the larger one safely yet. The larger male is currently housed in a 2400x600x600 enclosure. Any advice is appreciated.

i kept 3 in a 6x4x4 until i found out i had 2m 1f.now im lives on it and the other two r outside livin actually thrivin,i'm hopeing to eventually put the other male outside again when my new 3 babys grow up(hopeing there females.)what i've read they live in colonys in the wild and i have a massive double avairy style setup takes up nearly the whole side fence haha,bak to ur original q my male was always bigger than female i cant see it hurting as long as they r male female

if it turns out both male then they might fight. around breeding season the male might get aggressive towards her too. should be fine though i think.

i'll keep them separated for now. Im currently in the planning stages for a larger new enclosure for them. I'll get them re sexed before i put them in there just to make sure. I dont suppose anyone knows how to sex a juvenile GWD? Otherwise i have to take them for a bit of drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back