Girl selling corn snake on facebook in Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigchewy

Reaction score
I Told kortree its illegal to own a corn snake it's second time she done it on facebook

Last edited:
i saw someone selling one on gumtree yesterday. its becoming more common and even though its illegal they advertise it publicly.

Look at her reply she's a trashy idiot anyway. And no I wouldn't rather her kill it, I'd rather her have it confiscated and have someone competent kill it

she has removed it off facebook but she has advertised it on gumtree today. yesterday there was a different add for a normal coloured one on gumtree.

I should have taken a photo of it I can't understand why she trying to get away with it :? she said her father got it for her then they realise its illegal to have corn snake

I should have taken a photo of it I can't understand why she trying to get away with it :? she said her father got it for her then they realise its illegal to have corn snake

That's belivable a lot of people don't realize exotic reptiles are illegal since we can import other exotics like fish and it's not like the person selling it to them is going to tell them it's illegal far from it they would probably lie and tell them it's perfectly fine , I know I had a chat to the people at my local pet barn about why they only had books on exotic reps , there response was it was perfectly legal to keep exotics even after I told them it's not

Someone now breeding the best morphs of geckos in oz (although I notice he's trying to sell said morphs for a great profit) was once a proud owner of corns!

Renai Louise Peatman said from facebook

BE WARNED NEVER BUY SNAKES OF KORTNEE GRACEE FROM WOLLONGONG AREA!! MY AUNTY RECENTLY PASSED AWAY SOLD HER A PERFECTLY GOOD SNAKE AND THEN KORTNEE GRACEE SOLD IT BACK TO HER FAMILY AND IT WAS SICK SO I TOOK IT TO MY VETS AS IM A VET NURSE MYSELF AND FOUND OUT IT HAS OPHIDIAN PARAYXOVIRUS!! WHICH KILLS 90% OF SNAKES AND SHE WONT OWN UP TO IT AND HER LICENSE IS A FAKE! AND KNWO HAS BLOCKED ME AND THE FAMILY SO PLEASE BE VERY CAREFULL!! AND KNOW SHE HAS BLOCKED US SO WE CANT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM
Like · · Follow post · 3 minutes ago near Sydney, New South Wales

There has never been a confirmed case of OPMV in Australia. If this person was actually a vet nurse they would probably know this. They would probably also know how to spell it...

I don't know how but people these days are keeping exotics nearly as easily as natives. I guess all it takes is someone to have smuggled an exotic, then to sell it to an inexperienced noob. Who then sells it openly to another inexperienced noob. Exotics do get around these days, I have seen some funny wanted adds PetPages and Gumtree, openly saying "wanted ball python" or selling "ball python morphs" these adds are either a scam or illegal activity.

yeah i see to many adds going around wanting to buy or sell illegal reptiles. i sometimes do email them and let them know its illegal to keep in australia but i have never gotten a reply. i don't know how they get them in with how strict australia says it is with checking lugage and containers and boxes mailed in. but i guess they can't check every box.

I just did a search on gumtree of 'cornsnake' to see any ads about it, and I saw one selling a cornsnake in NSW and a person who wants a cornsnake...

They are not smuggled in.They have been smuggled in many years ago and get bred here now in numbers.

yeah they are bred i have a mate who doesn't know much about snakes, and one day went to get one from a breeder and he offered him a corn snake for $250

They are not smuggled in.They have been smuggled in many years ago and get bred here now in numbers.

+1

Amazes me how ignorant snake handlers are to the fact that exotics are being very well bred in australia. My first snake (bredli) came from someone who also breeds balls and corns. I found this out months after i got my snake, he sold his shop, and all his reptiles and according to someone i know at my local national parks and wildlife, hes currently being investigated because of so many tip offs from disgruntled customers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back