Girl selling corn snake on facebook in Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was following and commented on this but then I decided to delete my comments and block them.
As I do not know either of these people, I was concerned that this one was saying the snake had OPMV.
There is no test in Aus to confirm this disease. Also o/s that animal has to be dead before they can confirm.
But this girl reckons she works at a vets ......and she knows...
This is from John at ARP, just to confirm what I said.

John Mostyn..OPMV testing in australia is inconclusive.....send stuff away for opmv that doesnt have the virus you will get a positive

I personally don't think it is right accusing someone's animals of having OPMV, no matter who the person is when no test is conclusive. JMO

theres fish that are illegal also, many exotic fish are illegal.

90% are illegal to import, not illegal to keep.

Everything from electric yellows to L333 are illegal to import but not to keep.

The only exotics which are illegal to keep are those listed on the noxious list for your state.

Not SYDNEY we are ALL nice up here well mostly ;)
hehe

This information has been updated.

From Shane Simpson
Live testing is available for BOTH Sunshine virus AND Ferlavirus (formerly known as OPMV) in Australia but is currently on hold until February 2013 due to the lab being closed.

Is there such a thing as an international license? Going back to the ad from Gumtree that someone posted wanting Corns. If there was such a thing, wouldn't Zoo's and wildlife parks have them? They wouldn't advertise on Gumtree either.

Last edited:
I'm glad nun of dem peeps r in my facebook frend list :lol:

these girls should sort it out the traditional bogan way - hair pulling and jelly wrestling winner take all

Is a "layer" a bogan lawyer?

funny this conversation is up and running (again). Just tonight i had someone tell me how stupid it was that the only snake that can eat cane toads, the cornsnake, is endangered in australia and no one is doing anything to help get its numbers back up so it can eat the cane toads.....

LOL!!

Honestly, where do these people get their information from?

Should have told her that was stupid. Obviously, they don't eat cane toads, they eat corn, that's why they're called corn snakes, duh! Lol.

funny this conversation is up and running (again). Just tonight i had someone tell me how stupid it was that the only snake that can eat cane toads, the cornsnake, is endangered in australia and no one is doing anything to help get its numbers back up so it can eat the cane toads.....

LOL!!

You said it was up and running again? But I can't see it and I need some bogan entertainment? I joke, I just like keeping my brain active by cracking the codes (the terrible grammar).

Sure do, I also have a soft spot for cocaine and fully automatic weapons. But since Australian law won't allow it I go without (except the weapons, I get plenty of them at work)...but I certainly don't advertise on Facebook

I had a good chuckle :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back