Girl with new baby Green Tree Snake :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when people try to flame people for asking questions that people not involved with reptiles wouldnt know.. I was taught if you dont know ask and if you do know answer the question to help someone out...

I always thought that hobby forums were a place to go to in order to ask questions regarding your chosen hobby... seems it may also be the place to go to to see those in the know stroke their own egos at a newbies expense.

Like mentioned b4, did the breeder/ person you got the snake off give you any information about it I.e d.o.b, feeding history, sex??

That way we can help you more :)

Just to clarify... When I brought my 6 month old children's python. I was given a full feeding history which included his shed history, a book on him (species) and I was told to call if I had any queries. This is about normal when u buy a snake from a breeder. :)

Not Shaw of the rules but little frogs would be what they would eat naturally in the wild i hear them eating the frogs in my yard and saw a medium size green tree trying to eat this hugs green frog was way to big but tried anyway hehe!! georgious little snakes enjoy!!

Not Shaw of the rules but little frogs would be what they would eat naturally in the wild i hear them eating the frogs in my yard and saw a medium size green tree trying to eat this hugs green frog was way to big but tried anyway hehe!! georgious little snakes enjoy!!

Black headed pythons also eat other snakes and lizards in the wild... But they're not in the wild.

You can't (well, shouldn't) be feeding frogs to your GTS. For one, you can't capture wild frogs and use them as food - they fall under licensing laws in all states (as far as I am aware).

People here have already suggested spineless fish - which is adequate.

In the wild - licensing laws don't exist - snakes can eat what ever they find... In captivity, however, snakes are fed based on licensing laws....

Really interesting about the Green Tree eating crickets. As far as I know it's the first time it's been recorded.
A few snakes in Australia have been recorded eating insects, but not many. You may have really hit on something here.
Some pics of it eating them would be great. Try and take them in high res as you'll probably see them in print one day!

I was thinking the same think Kreft! I have heard of someone else feeding crickets to a hatchy common tree snake, as crickets hop some what like a baby frog the tree snake thinks yum food and catches and eats the crickets! Very interesting!

Awesome... thanks for the heads up on the geckos and tips on best fish to feed him. Appreciate it guys! Will try my darndest to get some pics of him eating crickets :)

@ montepython...
Excuse me for thinking the best place to come for advice was a site devoted to snakes, as opposed to Google which is clogged full of crap. I was not aware that this site and all its forums was just for those who are insufferable no-it-alls who have no patience for those who are still learning and have nothing better to do with their time than put people down for asking for advise! I would take information and opinions from this site, more than anything found on Google any day... Although after encountering you, I now know that there are judgemental, no-it-alls wherever one goes. You make me laugh.

Last edited:
Awesome... thanks for the heads up on the geckos and tips on best fish to feed him. Appreciate it guys! Will try my darndest to get some pics of him eating crickets :)

@ montepython...
Excuse me for thinking the best place to come for advice was a site devoted to snakes, as opposed to Google which is clogged full of crap. I was not aware that this site and all its forums was just for those who are insufferable no-it-alls who have no patience for those who are still learning and have nothing better to do with their time than put people down for asking for advise! I would take information and opinions from this site, more than anything found on Google any day... Although after encountering you, I now know that there are judgemental, no-it-alls wherever one goes. You make me laugh.

ok, so just to clarify once and for all, how exactly did you acquire the lil guy if i may ask?
and how is the current husbandry like, i.e. enclosure size, etc etc

i'm personally just curious if the cricket eating may be due to whatever environmental factor exist or being just a plain quirk

You can get tiny pinkie mice that this thing should be able to eat. Doesn't hurt to find a mice breeder on here and ask for some freshly birthed mice. That way if not just freeze them for later. Doesn't hurt to try!

Let us all know how it went!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back