• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About as often as they give away money! Close friends maybe....

Yes, when we had the heat wave on new years day, a member on this site lost all his animals, i offered him a couple of hatchies that i ahad left over, but he did not accept them.

im sure that there has been lots of animals given to those who deserve them.

Why, do you want one?

There are actually alot of ppl who will pay you to take snakes away, theres a few ppl on this site who help them out.

i want one for my first snake ive finally got the wife to agree for me to have one but when it comes to money my kids come first so it will b a while before i get one. ive got everything set up but nothing living in the set up lol suppose i could put one of the kids in there

I have offered hatchling spotteds to people that I know have been fascinated by snakes but have never had the chance to have them for whatever reason. I see little point in giving away an animal to a stranger though.

I think most people are in somewhat similar a boat.

My advice don't ask for freebies because most people will feel if you cannot afford a few hundred dollars for the purchase can you properly care for the animal given their other requirements of food heat enclosure etc.

These are my semi drunk rants so I am being fairly blunt but honest.

Re: RE: give away snakes

dan_s911 said:
i want one for my first snake ive finally got the wife to agree for me to have one but when it comes to money my kids come first so it will b a while before i get one. ive got everything set up but nothing living in the set up lol suppose i could put one of the kids in there

Geez mate you must be doing it hard, take the pants off your missus and grow some nuts

fair enough
i dont need to b drunk to b blunt so i figured why not ask
im not a broke ass that cant afford a snake i general thought id ask before paying just like anything else really if u dont ask u dont know right?

Re: RE: give away snakes

munkee said:
I have offered hatchling spotteds to people that I know have been fascinated by snakes but have never had the chance to have them for whatever reason. I see little point in giving away an animal to a stranger though.

I think most people are in somewhat similar a boat.

My advice don't ask for freebies because most people will feel if you cannot afford a few hundred dollars for the purchase can you properly care for the animal given their other requirements of food heat enclosure etc.

These are my semi drunk rants so I am being fairly blunt but honest.

Thanks munkee

ok so now i know there r some smart ass remarks that come from a simple question
as for growing nuts i wasnt aware that taking my wifes concerns into consideration was because i had no nuts??

If your kids come first buy it for them :)
While you are saving up, you should do alot of research and learn as much as you can so you know how to look after it properly before you get it.
Get a few books and do alot of internet searches and look through the various topics on this site.

ive done all that still do the research thing plus ive a few ppl close by who own snakes if i ever get stuck on anything

oh yeah, Welcome to the site :)
I can see you have already found out that ppl can give you crap for any little reason, its nothing personal dont worry, most ppl on this site are nice and helpful :)
Dont swear either it makes your posts harder to read and i dont think you are supposed to.

mate about 12 months ago I gave away a heap of mine to members on this site. I gave away a breeding pair of coastals. a juvie coastal, a MD and a scrub as good sized Scrub python. I had my reasons for it and the people who got them were deserving and good people, So it does happen but not often.

i wasnt sure if the word would b classed as swearing...
my bad
i now know why ppl steer clear of this site i was warned.
ill make sure my next post will try to please everyone even the absent minded jerks lol

Im not giving you a hard time mate, but if you cant afford a snake then you probably cant afford to keep one.

P.S i need a male rough scaled python if anyone hasone left over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back