• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
like i said its not that i cant really afford it i simply said my kids come first i didnt say im broke and cant afford a snake so please does anyone give them away. i just asked if ppl give them away before i went out and paid for one.

Welcome Dan. APS has a few good comps going now and again. Anything from guessing comps to photo comps etc etc Got a good camera??? Try your luck there.

da_donkey the wife things a bit harsh. He is probably like any good male and lets his wife believe that she is the boss. That's the best way to avoid conflict.

Don't worry Dan I know your the boss mate. Just like I am at this end :wink:

P.S. I always admire a guy that will put his kids first. Don't worry Dan. Good things come to those who wait. :p

Im not giving you a hard time mate, but if you cant afford a snake then you probably cant afford to keep one.

Bit harsh.......

Dan, earlier this year I had to sell all of my reptiles. It wasn't because I was broke, or had no job, (actually I make very good money), but it was because I had priorities and I thought that the money would be better served elsewhere. I will certainly get back into them, probably won't be for at least 12-18 months, but I will get them again. As Shamous1 said, good comes to those who wait. And I take my hat off to you for thinking of your kids first. You must take care of the priorities first and eventually the luxuries and enjoyment will follow. Be patient........ Learn Learn Learn.......that is my advice between now and getting your first snake. :) :)

Very harsh, my kids came first too, took me ages to get my first snake coz my familys needs were more important, atleast you wont put you family out just to get yourself something. Good on ya and good luck.

Welcome to the site too :D

Welcome dan_s911, no harm in asking. $200 bucks on a tight budget can always be a mongrel, i know exactly where you are coming from! You get it together and there is always a zillion other things that should take priority that you should be spending it on.

I saw some nice looking coastals on Herp Trader last week for $160 by the way, if my wife wouldn't have chopped my hands off at the shoulders I'd have bought one......... somehow :lol: Best of luck.

dan you can buy a snake for $100 bucks, maybe less up your way. perhaps you need a paper round?

dan_s911 said:
just wondering if anyone ever gives away snakes on here???

To answer your question, yes. Not often but it does happen. Some folk feel that a loved snake going to a good home is more important than dollars.

I was offered a free 2yr old female coastal carpet so long as I could pick-up from Taree. Reason it was free was the owner could only get it to feed on mice. Was worth the 4hr trip as she was a lovely Python. And I won a free pair of Bredli in the Southern Cross comp recently :) (thanks to Simon & Diane)

PS. I have given away blue tongues & bearded dragons in the past. So there deffinately are people that donate free Herps out there. A young member recently posted a "wanted for free ad" & was given several animals from other members.

keep an eye out for the ballots, i had my name drawn out of a hat to get a free shingleback they often have snakes too, only catch is you have to pick it up in sydney that day

the win a free albino comp finishes soon. that would make a great first snake

yea man, get in on that now, if you want the link just ask, its not hard 2 find tho, you can get snakes pretty cheap at times, i picked my 2yr old coastal up for $80 which is a total bargain

dan_s don't pay any attention to da_donkey or munkee....mate you will find that there are a couple of people on this site such as da_donkey (imo) who thrives on being an ****. He has more negative comments to say then he does good.. Mate there is absolutely no problem with asking becasue it is true if you don't ask you don't get. don't let th stupid idiotic smart **** comments of a couple ruin this site for you. It is a good site with good members. After a bit you will soon learn which ones to ignore....Where are you from by the way?

Join a herp society, I recently got a free coastal (from AHS) which was handed to the society as unreleasable and needed a home.

im in taree nsw
how do i join the herp society?
all i want is a coastal as i have read they r great for a first snake plus a friend of mine has a couple and they r nice looking.

Don't bother with the ballots, if your working to a tight budget then be warned that sometimes you may receive an animal that is not in the best of health and that you need alot of time, patience and money for. Once you accept a snake, the repsonsibility is yours and the water python i got six months ago still needs force feeding, has stuff all muscle tone and will take me a long time and alot of persisitence to get it back to health. I think your better off biting the bullet and buying a snake off somone rather than risking a ballot animal. Not that all ballot animals are bad but in the situation your in you may find it more worthwhile and less risky to buy one- a cheap little coastal or something that the breeder can help you out with extra info if you need it.

Simone.

dan_s don't pay any attention to da_donkey or munkee....mate you will find that there are a couple of people on this site such as da_donkey (imo) who thrives on being an [CENSORED]. He has more negative comments to say then he does good.. Mate there is absolutely no problem with asking becasue it is true if you don't ask you don't get. don't let th stupid idiotic smart [CENSORED] comments of a couple ruin this site for you. It is a good site with good members. After a bit you will soon learn which ones to ignore....Where are you from by the way?

I agree. There are tools on this site like them 2. Just listen to those who are willing to help and weed out the tossers who aren't. :)

I have given away some good snakes to friends in the past and i will no doubt do it again in the future. Only ever to people i know though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back