Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakehunter

Reaction score
Hey all, I will be in the glasshouse mountains area at the end of august for a few days, just wondering if any of you could let me know what herps I am likely to see?

Very little at that time of the year. Normally rough scales, babndys, carpets, browns, red bellies, the odd tiger (yes , really), stephens bandeds, scalyfoots, burtons, water dragons. But in August, maybe just the water dragons

Small eyes, yellowfaced whips, the three crown snakes- with goldens being farther back in the range, brown trees, the odd spotted python and marsh snake, blind snakes, very rare but even the occasional black whip. To name a few more. But as dan said you wont see much then. If the weathers warm go west onto the range and you may see a mullet out basking before 10 am. Bound to see some lacies and dragons thou.
Rob

i dunno though, people say u won't find anything in winter, though in the last 2 weeks i have seen wippies, fair few small eyeds, GTS. so... oh n firetailed skinks, veruxa, pluss heaps more skinks...

dunno though, people say u won't find anything in winter, though in the last 2 weeks i have seen wippies, fair few small eyeds, GTS. so... oh n firetailed skinks, veruxa, pluss heaps more skinks...

I hope you didn't shoot any of them, Lib er Schlange :shock:

I believe there are some large crocs just outside of Beerwah..........

:p

Hix

Re: RE: glasshouse mountains

Hix said:
I believe there are some large crocs just outside of Beerwah..........
Hix

when this topic comes along, u must lock it.
unless u want a flame to start, u must lock it.
lock it... lock it good

RE: Re: RE: glasshouse mountains

I went to Aussie Zoo a few months ago, and it was good for the kids, but for a serious herper probably a waste of money.

They do a croc show that we have probably all seen before, the snake show was pretty corny and in the crocoseum you are too far away to see anything anyway, and a birds of prey and tiger shows.

The snake enclosures are okay, but nothing special. The best part was we were there on a Sunday afternoon, and late in the day we were in the snake section when they were feeding the GTP's, a scrubby and the Woma's. Got some good pictures, especially of the Womas feeding as they came right up to the front of the enclosure to get fed.

They do not advertise the times they feed the snakes, and we were just lucky to be there at the right time.

If you pay extra you can get a photo holding whatever large exotic python they have out on the day.

Would have to agree with "Mangles".... It was good to have a look for the first time.... But I will only go back for my lil boy, if he wants to....

dunno though, people say u won't find anything in winter, though in the last 2 weeks i have seen wippies, fair few small eyeds, GTS. so... oh n firetailed skinks, veruxa, pluss heaps more skinks...

I hope you didn't shoot any of them, Lib er Schlange

wow, I thought that would really cause a stir.

strange.

hmmmm, yes John, very strange!!!

Re: RE: Re: RE: glasshouse mountains

Sdaji said:

I hope you didn't shoot any of them, Lib er Schlange

wow, I thought that would really cause a stir.

strange.

not that strange, im sure afew people might have forgotten about that thing...

i havnt tho :twisted:

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: glasshouse mountains

It's a difficult thing to forget, isn't it? Don't people like turtles any more?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: glasshouse mountains

Sdaji said:

It's a difficult thing to forget, isn't it? Don't people like turtles any more?

Apparently not feral ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back