Gold Coast Expo Success

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonTricker

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Even though i am not the official for this i would just like to say the Gold Coast Expo was amazing and that im sure everyone that went had a fabulous time.
Thanks to everyone that vended and Tony for his amazing venomous show.

Cheers:D

What are the legalities of having vens in public for shows like that? I just saw plastic boxes stacked about well within reach of passers by :/ not criticizing, just a genuine question. I guess i would have preferred to see (or actually, NOT see) their boxes at all, and know they were securely locked away out of reach of curious hands. On that note, it seems odd that DERM had such a cranky-fit about the advertising used by exhibitors and yet were so blase about the vens and how they were kept.

Again, i am only curious about the legalities involved.

Other than that i thought it rather sad that what made me most excited about being there was being able to get my hands on some woodies that i desperately needed. Walking home a happy chappy about having 1000 roaches in my bag is not the way one wants to end a Saturday out and about :/

Was great to meet a few forum regulars too. Will definitely be looking forward to next years expo now that i know what to expect :)

I was abit concerned about those click clacks as well, there were no locks that i could see, if younreally wanted to you could have lent over and opened it.... Otner than that i had a ball!! Was great to see some fantastic people and animals

You wouldnt really think people would be crazy enough to reach over and open them, but some people have vertigo!

I went to the Expo,
Tony and Hes Show was Great,
Stein Enclosures where amazing..

However I was a little disappointed about the amount of animals there.. Plenty of Snakes
And monitors

However I would of loved to see a better range of reptiles There was no Frogs or any other Bread of Dragons (besides Beardies)

Makes me a little disappointed I didnt show MY Lot like I wanted to.. However they had other plans but to Sleep.

It was a great day got some great deals on reptile one enclosures. still disapointed about the lack of womas. still dont quite understand why they are not allowed to be displayed?

Yeah I got 2 enclosures
i think they should make it that you can buy reptiles on the day
cause I think heaps more people would be there

...disapointed about the lack of womas. still dont quite understand why they are not allowed to be displayed?

Me too.
2 different peops told me they're a restricted species and therefore only allowed 2 on a basic licence and no exhibit!! Sad.

I was also keen to show my boy some red eye GTF and there were none (even we were assured they would be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that not the same deal with GTPs. i thought they were restricted aswell and there was a few of those about.
And that was a bit of a shame i did not see one amphibian there 2day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back