Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great expo should of left my wallet at home :)
got 2 enclosure, 2 hides, keeping and breeding aussie python's and some water bowls :)

I was second in the door this morning, was there for about 2 hrs went and got a a bite to eat at surfers and checked out the surf then came back for another hour :)
Was expecting a few more speciems to be there but was still a great day. Got home and made sure i had a good scrub! Better to be safe then sorry! Does anyone know if there will be a few different things there tomorrow? Displays that couldnt make it today ect.

OMG I had a ball today...so much so that i'll be going back tomorrow for more fun and games! Should be some great sales tomorrow for gear....Loved all the different enclosures and they were great prices for them too. Needed more $$ and more space in the herp room...lmao

I have a complaint about the expo, i went there with all my money, and when i left i had no money!!! What happened??

Hahah i went abiiit crazy on all the great deals, but it was worth it! Picked up a great enclosure and stand, heaps of hides, lights and knick knacks. Love the pet crazy stand!! So many bargains!

Then drooled over craig penders stand, and met the devil!!

I had an awesome time, wish i could go again tomorow with more $$ but im now broke and have to work to earn some more $.

Thanks for all who organised it!! Cant wait till next year!

I have a complaint about the expo, i went there with all my money, and when i left i had no money!!! What happened??

Hahah i went abiiit crazy on all the great deals, but it was worth it! Picked up a great enclosure and stand, heaps of hides, lights and knick knacks. Love the pet crazy stand!! So many bargains!

Then drooled over craig penders stand, and met the devil!!

I had an awesome time, wish i could go again tomorow with more $$ but im now broke and have to work to earn some more $.

Thanks for all who organised it!! Cant wait till next year!

Haha me too!! I'm so broke, and I get paid fortnightly!! Waaah! Lucky boyfriend came, he helped me cart the goods around and wanted to update my book collection :)
I'm so stocked up on everything now, won't need anything until next years expo :)

yeah i got the real keeping and breeding australian pythons for $40 bucks

I also had a good chat to Neville i've got to say ive never met someone so helpful before in my years of herp and someone so willing to chat! wasnt untill i got home and the the penny dropped and i realised it was Neville "The Devil". His two jungle jags on display were truly stunning, actually all his snakes were including his little jungle with the spinal defect!

I had a great day there yesterday :) Afterwards I stripped off at my front door and ran straight to the shower though... Just to be sure ;)

I loved Cliff, Natalie and Josh's monitors the best. Lovely people to talk to as well! Wish I could have stayed after for some Wild Turkey lol. ...I want a perentie or two!

Last edited:
I had a great time today and great that some retailers had eftpos as I got my water bowls as expected

I had an awesome day today. I need to take a bigger car next time and more money. I could of spent a small fortune today. But so worth it. There were some AMAZINGLY Beautiful Animals there.

Thanks Mitch.
A couple of friends cautioned me against displaying that little jungle with the defect but he looked nice and he ended up being a lesson in genetics.

His farther (pic attached) was given to me by Barramundi Ben as a hatchling. He had a similar defect down near the tail and Ben wasn't sure what he was going to do with he. Ben was of the thought that he had injured himself trying to escape from a hatchie tub.
His defect was near the vent and I took him to keep as a display snake.

As he grew the defect seem to correct itself or flesh over. I used him with one of my jungle girls and ended up with 2 babies with similar defects.
So it's apparent that the defect was genetic rather than and injury.

Attachments

• Picture 974.jpg
    Picture 974.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 100
great expo should of left my wallet at home :)
got 2 enclosure, 2 hides, keeping and breeding aussie python's and some water bowls :)
Great to see that you made it and got what you were looking for Blake! you didn't come and say hello? I was the one with the little blackheads... next time... the tanks and enclosures were a bargain price some half price!..

Where were they? FROGS
(I didn't see any)

Not all people who said they were going to display made it on the day... It would be very hard for Troy to know exactly what we were going to bring... people submitted lists of all their possible animals and then you just go with what works on the day... hope you weren't to disappointed with the overall effort of animals because there were some really spectacular displays in general and no-one could complain about the bargains that were there...

Last edited:
Waa god good few days... Got there fri night to catch up with a few guys and have a few drinks. was a shame that all those who said they were taking animals didnt end up doing it... But ya get that.

I had a great day there yesterday :) Afterwards I stripped off at my front door and ran straight to the shower though... Just to be sure ;)

I loved Cliff, Natalie and Josh's monitors the best. Lovely people to talk to as well! Wish I could have stayed after for some Wild Turkey lol. ...I want a perentie or two!

Haha ingie that was the bet part of it!!! Afterwards was the best chance to sit unwind and take it all in. And also have a good chat to a few people

Just a question who was the stall holder that had the big monitor on the left at the bottom of the stairs. He was big and sitting on some pallets.
Thanks for the help.

In the Relocation and awareness tent?

As you walked down the stairs it would have been on your right. This was Tony Harrison's animal. "Tiger" is his name :)

Last edited:
Had a absolutely AWESOME time at the expo!!!! My first reptile expo ever and couldn't of enjoyed it more, seeing all the beautiful reptiles they had :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back