Good Luck North Queensland

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darlyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone over there, thinking of you.

Best of luck and keep safe.
But most of all hold on bloody tight!

cheers Darlyn, i will try to mate, im in cairns and hangin on, we r due to get smashed tomra nite, so if i dont post anythin afta then u know wat hapind, peaceout !!!!

awwwwww it is a cat 5 !!!!!!!! holy moly guys I feel for you so much ...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From the Bureau's latest advice.....

SEVERE TC YASI IS A LARGE AND VERY POWERFUL TROPICAL CYCLONE AND POSES AN
EXTREMELY SERIOUS THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY WITHIN THE WARNING AREA,
ESPECIALLY BETWEEN PORT DOUGLAS AND TOWNSVILLE.

THIS IMPACT IS LIKELY TO BE MORE LIFE THREATENING THAN ANY EXPERIENCED DURING
RECENT GENERATIONS.

I am... kinda **** scared at the moment. I sure as hell hope my friends place is up to this, particularly if this thing comes further south.

This will be my first cyclone... and I'm sure I will never forget it

Last edited:
My sister and her family are in Townsville.
She told me yesterday 'if we get blown away, we will wave as we go past' :lol:
That actually did not make me feel better :?
Her husband reckons 'Gas bottles filled - check, Yard cleaned up - check, Cold coke and two 40 pounders - check. Just another beautiful day in the tropics!'

I've already accepted my losses... now it's time to pray for all my colleagues, friends, students etc who remained in Cairns... I also accept I might not be able to make it back to Cairns for some time.

God I know this won't affect me much but I'm terrified. I have some family up in macaky... I'm not sure if they'll be ok or not

just saw the weather channel, 4 meter tidal surge expected full on 24hrs of cat 5, thoughts n prayers go out to all in its path stay safe!

Glad to hear you left slim, my sister in law & four teenage nephews are in Cairns & we havn't been able to get in touch with her today so i'm hoping they left too. Good luck everyone & if you own a helmet & earplugs of any sort have them ready, especially for kids:)

They are now predicting a tidal surge 6.5 - 7 metres around Cardwell. That's huge, more than the Indonesian tsunami.

Be safe to all up Nth... Ingham here is windy but worst is yet to come... Stay Strong Nth Qld rs

Thinking of all of you in North Qld! I have an Auntie at Trinity Beach, Cairns...scarey stuff. Keep yr heads down & stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back