Gorgeous Tiger Snake Photos!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraLeigh

Reaction score
Just thought I'd chuck a handful of photos up I took on Saturday.
We found this gorgeous boy. I think he is just a stunner.
Thought you guys might enjoy a gander.

Tiger on the rocks.jpg Tiger Snake.jpg Tiger tongue flick.jpg Tiger tiger tiger.jpgTiger or Cobra.jpg Tiger.jpg So pretty.jpg Cobra I mean Tiger.jpg

Time to update the licence, Tara, if you haven't already:)!

that really is a fine serpent Taraleigh,where did you find him herping? i have quite a fancy for tigers,that one is a stunner,im sure barry could give a good ranking with the number of tigers he would see

Nice one Tara, gotta love tigers! Lotsa variety throughout good ole Vicco, whereabouts did you find this fella?

Good Pics Tara I agree with Grannieannie the way they flatten there heads Is brilliant
cheers

Yeah location, location. I have the Plenty River not far from me in Greensborough and have seen the odd Tiger down there. As my interest has risen so has my eagerness to cast the eyes a little more sideways when I go for a stroll down that way.

As Nic Cage says in Conair - "nice work, truly nice work".

Thats a really pretty one! Nice find! :D

I found two doing the jungle shuffle in Wilsons Prom a few days ago, but instead of grabbing the camera I grabbed my hook. Missed the snakes and the photo as they both shot down a hole in thick scrub...talk about dumb! :lol:

Cheers everyone!
Location location..... Geelong area.
I hope he sticks around for a while too.
I dunno if it even is a he.... but I think he is a big old man and hopefully he has charmed some ladies and there is more of his genes out and about! Cause damn he is great, I still can't get over it.
THE best looking Tiger Snake a lot of people have ever seen.
I have also seen a few other species down there. Same day we found a Little Whip Snake.
Here's another Tiger pic, a water skink and the amazing Copperhead we found a fortnight too, same location, unfortunately he wasn't like the Tiger who I got hundreds of photos of, this is the one and only shot I got of this one before it darted into some scrub, oh and it's tail:

What a catch!.jpg Copperhead.jpg Tail.jpg Water Skink.jpg

Last edited:
definantly the most yellow from down that way and so clearly banded,its the type of specimen you can see why early settlers and zoologists
called it ..........Tiger snake

I love these pics Tara, and here on the other side of the bay, tigers with the classic yellow like this are almost non existant although we do get pretty much all the other colours of the rainbow here.
This IS one the best looking wild tigers I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back