Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch_89

Reaction score
Hey guys im guna head to the gosford reptile park this weekend.... just wondering if snake ranch snakes are good handlers or like other large breeding facilities they dont get handled.. as he has a snake i would like

For me personally both snakes that i have brought off Snake Ranch have been fantastic. Never miss a feed and a pleasure to handle. I was a little put off at first thinking that they wouldn't be handled but suprisingly i was wrong. I strongly recommend them. The two snakes i own off them are a Bredli and a wheatbelt stimson python.
I should of also pointed out that snake ranch is owned by the same person as the reptile park but is not at the same place. If you were to buy a reptile off there site you could arrange to pick it up at the reptile park.

Last edited:
Hey guys im guna head to the gosford reptile park this weekend.... just wondering if snake ranch snakes are good handlers or like other large breeding facilities they dont get handled.. as he has a snake i would like
Hope you dont think you are going to see the Ranch snakes there as you will be sorely disappointed!

i dont mind if i see it first as i am guessing it would be in good health... but its a spotted male from last year.......was just thinking of getting it for my female of the same age

maybe if you organised with them prior to pick up you could pick it up from the gosford reptile park youd be able to see the snake before you actually bought it then , but no one (unless your very special ;) ) can go to their breeding facility

should of added , when i asked what my hatchie womas temperament was like they told me they try to keep their handling of young hatchies to a minimum ( as he was still only about 6 weeks old when i got him ) but he seemed to be alright from what they could tell just a bit of bluff which he got over in less than a week after settling in , so from the response i got it would seem they dont handle their snakes all that often like we hobbyists would only whats necessary , doesn't mean that it will have a bad temperament either though

I bought a BHP off them and she is the best handler, she has never attempted or tried to bite, she was really timid at first as she had not been handled much at all from Snake Ranch, however I could not fault her temperament now.
I would buy off snake ranch again, for this reason :)

I bought a Woma from Snake Ranch and she has been handled regularly from about 2 weeks after I got her.When I get home from work she bugs me with head butts to click clack until I get her out.She is the most placid and best snake I have(luckily the rest can't read this).Only thing I would say about SR is their customer service is not the best,but overall I would buy off them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back