Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggles91

Reaction score
Hey every one,

Sooo there was an add on gum tree for a female gts in Queensland that I wanted to pair my male with next season.

After talking with the guy and sussing it all out... The fact he was willing for me to pick up before he knew I was interstate, and made a reservation with AAE which i checked with em n was legit, etc.. I decided to go ahead with it. Needless to say I deposited the money into his account and no snake today and his phones off.. Spent a while at AAE thinking they prob stuffed it up like they have done for every single snake I've ever bought but they were sure there was nothing.

Haven't heard from the guy n nothing at AAE so will try contact him and AAE tomorrow morning. If still nothing and I'm 100 percent I got scammed I will name and shame the guy and provide number he was using so no one else gets scammed by him!

Totally sucks!! 1 I'm a Uni student n have no money so this killed me, 2 I have my research proposals due on Tuesday n now gotta deal with this crap 3 bought a 1900x1200x600 enclosure yetsterday which I was gonna partition for my two gts (what a waste now) 4 ordered 100 pink rats for them today dont slightly need that much anymore and 5 this is all gonna cost me even more cause I may or may not have broken Afew things cause of my anger that I now have to fix.

Sorry for the long post guess I just needed to get this off my chest. Not happy :p

Thanks every one,

sorry to hear that, there are some people out there who have no morals. i really hope it was a stuff up at the airport and that you get your GTS.

also i don't think your allowed to publicly name and shame on this site but people can PM you and ask for his name and number.

let us know how you go.

p.s if you transfered the money to his account, go to the bank and tell them your situation and they might be able to get it back as you never recieved you GTS.

Where in Qld is the seller? Oh, and where are you?

Call the cops and at least fill them in, if you havent heard in 24 hours, do a full on report of fraud/scamming.

There could (hopefully) be a legitimate sale and the snake is just running late.... suss that the phone is off tho :facepalm:

If the seller is near the Sunshine Coast, I would be able to look the person up for you.... PM me if you like ;)

If far from me, see if anyone is near where he is supposed to be.... I am sure someone will want to help you out.

See how you go over the next few days but it sounds like he ripped you. Have you got any email correspondence or any text messages from his number? I had a similar thing happen with rats once, thought i would run it by the police and to my surprise they passed it on to detectives as a fraud case. Anyway, there is nothing worse than being ripped off like that. But remember, they are the losers, not us. 8)

sorry to hear that, there are some people out there who have no morals. i really hope it was a stuff up at the airport and that you get your GTS.

also i don't think your allowed to publicly name and shame on this site but people can PM you and ask for his name and number.

let us know how you go.

p.s if you transfered the money to his account, go to the bank and tell them your situation and they might be able to get it back as you never recieved you GTS.

Oh ok well if any one wants to know his details please PM and ill sent it though..

Thanks for the tip saintanger. Will get to it tomorrow.

Cheers

See how you go over the next few days but it sounds like he ripped you. Have you got any email correspondence or any text messages from his number? I had a similar thing happen with rats once, thought i would run it by the police and to my surprise they passed it on to detectives as a fraud case. Anyway, there is nothing worse than being ripped off like that. But remember, they are the losers, not us. 8)

If the seller is near the Sunshine Coast, I would be able to look the person up for you.... PM me if you like ;)

Thanks for your support guys!. Sending u pm now ratbag.

Call the cops and at least fill them in, if you havent heard in 24 hours, do a full on report of fraud/scamming.

There could (hopefully) be a legitimate sale and the snake is just running late.... suss that the phone is off tho :facepalm:

If far from me, see if anyone is near where he is supposed to be.... I am sure someone will want to help you out.

Im with ratbag! If he is on the sunny coast I'll give you a hand and go and "Politely" talk it over with him ;) But in all seriousness I really hope that it is a legitimate sale and just a stuff up. Can you PM his details so i don't get scammed please.
Cheers and best of luck. Sorry to hear it.

The person in question is in coomera, anyone around there who might be able to offer some assistance to greggles, pm him ;)

Good luck with it Greg....

Certainly sounds like you did as many checks as possible considering the circumstances, I would be more peeved than embarrassed in your situation. Hopefully though it has just been some unforseen circumstances that have made him uncontactable and unable to deliver on time for transport. Really hope you get what you have paid for.

If you did a bank deposit then police can tract him through the bank and if you exchanged emails then there is proof of your transaction. Surely they can catch him??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh don't worry I'm pretty peeved off also. Several things that I been angry/upset about 1 I was so excited for a female gts n was getting ready to breed next season even ordered a Guide to Australia snakes in captivity elapids and Colubrids.

2 besides that these people have no morals they are obviously targeting people within a hobby they are also in. This is out hobby that we all love and me personally it makes me relaxed and happy from all the stress of Uni n crap.

Now I can't even feel safe getting an animal off some one which I've done many times befor from all over Aus.

I've never been ripped off before n I would prefer it to be on something like an electrical appliance that I don't care about rather than on our beloved reptiles

maybe his phone ran out of battery adn forgot his recharger,....can only hope!!!

ive been so nervous with the last few interstate transactions,...people like that spoil the fun of new purchases!!!

maybe his phone ran out of battery adn forgot his recharger,....can only hope!!!

ive been so nervous with the last few interstate transactions,...people like that spoil the fun of new purchases!!!

I can only hope but Iva had Afew people contact me on the forum who have been ripped off recently and are in communications with police and detectives so we are just trying to figure out if it was the same guy.

Having Said that I do hope this is all a big muck up and she shows up. But at this stage Ita not looking good

This is such a horrible situation to be in Greg.. i hope you get your money back. Or the snake. Either one. It's really hard with bank deposits- i always try to use paypal (because you're covered and if the snake doesnt arrive you can open a dispute), but so many sellers are all "i dont accept paypal" and if you want the snake, you just pay it. Grrrrrrr

These days you need ID to get a sim card, I would contact the police and they may be able to trace him/her.

These days you need ID to get a sim card, I would contact the police and they may be able to trace him/her.
who do you think all that info you give out goes to in the first place ;) either cops or the government imo phone shop wouldn't tell me

op hopefully it all works out for you , the phone being turned off is definitely suss though id be getting in contact with the police and let them know , you might get lucky and one will follow it up and find the bugger

Yep going to get in contact with the police later or tomorrow as my mate works for Optus and is getting details on the number.
now your chances of finding him are sounding better ;) that is if he didn't get the sim card from before the system of giving your id came about and that its not in a random name or friends , good luck

never bought reptiles through paypal but bought reptile products and wen they never arrived and seller would not get back to me paypal did an nvestigation and gave me my money back.

Yep going to get in contact with the police later or tomorrow as my mate works for Optus and is getting details on the number.

Your mate may lose his job as well as being charged and end up in more trouble than the guy who ripped you off.Using his position in a telephone company to obtain info on others is a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back