Gouldii vs Flavis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bredli_daz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I’m looking to get a Sand monitor as my first monitor, R1 license requires me to get this or smaller one as a first. I have read as much as there is on the net but there is conflicting info out there.
I read Flavis are 60cms, 1m, 1.3 and that Gouldii are 1 m, 1.3 and higher.
Flavis are the better tame then Gouldii.
There’s one guy selling some gorgeous Gouldii and claims the adults are 1 m, which interests me but I need to research more before I make my decision. My ultimate goal is to get a Spencer’s after meet the requirements of an R2 license.
So if I can get some experienced info that would help me.
thank you

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I’m looking to get a Sand monitor as my first monitor, R1 license requires me to get this or smaller one as a first. I have read as much as there is on the net but there is conflicting info out there.
I read Flavis are 60cms, 1m, 1.3 and that Gouldii are 1 m, 1.3 and higher.
Flavis are the better tame then Gouldii.
There’s one guy selling some gorgeous Gouldii and claims the adults are 1 m, which interests me but I need to research more before I make my decision. My ultimate goal is to get a Spencer’s after meet the requirements of an R2 license.
So if I can get some experienced info that would help me.
thank you
If you want a monitor as a means to get an R2 license, you should probably get an ackie monitor (ridge tailed) as they are small and much more affordable than a sand monitor.
Also, flavis are much more pricey than a regular sand monitor.

Latest posts

Back