Gravid Bredli?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like she's even missed the substrate. If she's laid directly on the melamine, you might have issues with the eggs sticking. Just a heads up.

Remove them before they stick or you will be in trouble. Unless you want to jigsaw out the base of your enclosure. You can carefully remove the eggs although i fear it's already too late. Be confident and pull them up as soon as you can. They can take a bit of "peeling" to remove them, however if you leave it much longer they will be stuck and there is a fair chance you will rupture the bottom eggs.

Good luck!

Not really. Hang ten until she's bumped the last one out, then get her off the eggs and move them to incubation... (also, note today's date in your diary so you can keep track of hatching times!)

You can gently remove eggs while she is laying, many people do that, if she is stressed you will have to leave her.

All the bes mate! It's been a nail biting few days for alot of members, can't imagine how you would have been.

If they're stuck, just cut the bottom out of your enclosure... if you intend on selling your babies, you'll pay for the encloure with just one. Or you can just put a square of timber over the hole later. If it looks like they're stuck..I wouldn't risk damaging them. But that is just my opinion.. in the end, it's all up to you honey. Good luck with them all, and I hope they all hatch out nicely for you.

There is a thread on here somewhere about exactly this... you may want to do a search on it. If I can find it, I'll post a link.

What a bugger!!! i'm to late there not moving, the thing is my girl has lost so much condition that I really cant afford to have her off the food for another two months, What are my options?
Thank's alot JungleRob, it's not over though, just seems to be getting more stressfull

If you cant remove them once she has finished,

do what grumpy says, (once finished) drill 4 holes around the clutch big enough to fit jigsaw blade in and quickly jigsaw between holes. Simply incubate them sitting on the melamine and bring vermicultite upto the eggs. You will have to do it as soon as she's finished. It is easier to repair a hole.

Good luck

Here's the link I was talking about. http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/herp-help/arrrhhh-stuck-eggs-67460 Post #13 tells how he made an incubation chamber for the mother and eggs. I hope this helps.

There is another one somewhere.. a fellow was concerned about mum as well.. he fed her while she was on the eggs!! :lol: maybe if your girl gets hungry enough she will do the same.

Keep us posted hon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back