Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Franco

Reaction score
Well it has taken an awfull long time, but I'm now certain that one of my female diamonds is gravid. It was touch and go for a while there, but my male finally came to his senses a few weeks ago and started touching up my female. This will be the first time that I've had a clutch from my diamonds.

She has already darkened up a lot and looks as if she is getting ready for her pre lay shed. In the past, most of my snakes have looked like their on the verge shedding before a lay, but it has actually taken a couple of weeks longer than usual. Can this occur for diamonds aswell? Also when is the best time to introduce the nesting box for diamonds? Is it the same for any other species of Morelia?

Thanks
Franco

I hope you are right Franco!
Are you sure she is gravid?Has she put on weight noticably?
My diamonds have been mating on and off for about a month but none of the females are showing obvious signs of being gravid yet.

Id love a diamond!!!!! how much are you going to sell them for franco??????

If I have any luck I will sell juvies to most aps members for @250.
I dont want to count my snakes before they hatch though.

cool Greebo, i'd love one i seen one at Kellyville pets and feel in love (i just love that bright yellow) count me in if your've got one available!

cheers Frodo

Mine are not the high yellow diamonds.
The ones I have are a lot darker. Check out my gallery, theres a couple of good pics in there.

they look similar very nice still greebo, i think im hooked on herp now ive only had my coastal for a couple of weeks and already ive got a diamond, BHP, and a woma on my wish list!!!!!! to addictive i say!!!!!!!

well it looks like its diamond gravid season, i hope everything is going to work out for you Franco, my female has been getting quite large in the mid section but my male is still showing alot of interest and she has already shed her skin recently, so my fingers are crossed too and hoping for the best, i have had my incubator on its warm up laps ready and waiting for the eegs now, all the best to everyone that has gravid reps this year and i hope all works out for you.... i will be swapping some of my hatchlings for other herps if anyone is interested but thats only if things are sucessful ... but im not counting on my eggs till they hatch though....

Yes good point isnt it illegal to keep reptiles in a pet store in NSW??

They had a Diamond, childreni, beardie and a bluey, you can do a reptile course with them and then you can buy a snake or lizard off them its like $750 for a diamond hatchling, juvi cage with all the equip a book and the course.

cheers frodo

I have heard about those reptile courses, it's the shop-owners way of getting around selling reptiles in the shop.
You order and pay for the reptile before the course, that way he can bring his snakes in, or out the back of the shop and after the course and the big rip-off you go home with snakie, enclosures etc. and everybody is happy so to speak.
I guess I know who is the happier one.
I nearly got taken in by that once, but was talked out of it at the last minute. Having said that I suppose it has its merits for some people.

Greebo wrote:
If I have any luck I will sell juvies to most aps members for @250.{unquot}

Most members?

It means,"the others pay less" Greg :lol:

I sure would be intersted too Greebo, but I just bought a ten month old male.
Paid $275.- it was mates rates, $300.-for others. :D

If I had a female BHP I wouldn't be selling her! :D

Artie, I hope I will be able to help you out in a couple of months with a nice little female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back