Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got home from work this arvo to find this girl had laid a nice little clutch of 13 eggs. This was her first year and she is pretty small so wasn't expecting 13. Laid day 27, post lay weight was down around 950gms and clutch weighed 450gms so she will be one exhausted little girl. Eggs all have veins so will see how incubation goes.
Found some shots of her over the past 2 years which show just how much this girl has changed.

Cheers Paul
View attachment 224689View attachment 224688View attachment 224691View attachment 224690

nice paul - hopefully they all go the distance for you. A decent size clutch for you as well.

Cheers,
Dave

Holy heck that's a big clutch! Look great, too. Congrats.

This female recently layed, not a stunner but her 53 day post pre-lay effort is worth a mention. 17 fertile eggs. Obviously wasn't seeking the heat like most others and delayed laying for some reason........

This is the female that also produces the TIGER jungle offspring (2nd pic), havnt bred her with the striped palmerston male for a couple of seasons due to the JAG projects. However this season I found the need for some more TIGER JUNGLES to add to the programs.

53 days waiting really sucked........

Attachments

• P3062254.jpg
    P3062254.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 48
  • P3062253.jpg
    P3062253.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 52
This maccy should be the 13th snakey of mine to lay this year.. even with the brissy floods and being struck by lightning... been a sucky year!....
308789_179626365458882_100002345580570_397411_547294237_n.jpg

Imbricata, possibly gravid, signs are good

023-2.jpg

Another Imbricata

Opinions? :)

036-3.jpg

Last edited:
This female recently layed, not a stunner but her 53 day post pre-lay effort is worth a mention. 17 fertile eggs. Obviously wasn't seeking the heat like most others and delayed laying for some reason........

This is the female that also produces the TIGER jungle offspring (2nd pic), havnt bred her with the striped palmerston male for a couple of seasons due to the JAG projects. However this season I found the need for some more TIGER JUNGLES to add to the programs.

53 days waiting really sucked........

Good luck with them Ben. I just had a girl lay at 41 days post shed. I wasn't even convinced she was gravid until few days ago.. Then I got worried she was bound up!!

IMG_8096.png

IMG_8099.png

Eggcitement at day 56

Eggs are due to hatch this week, so I decided to weigh them and see what (if anything) had changed. I got a couple of surprises. The first was that one has already slit the shell!
DSC04286.jpg

The next surprise was that they have gained an average of 10g during incubation. They have obviously taken in plenty of water, since I am using the over water method. In light of the first slit, I have now transferred them to secure containers with wet paper towel on the bottom for hatching. Within a couple of hours, the colour of thin areas of the shell has changed and darkened. I expect to see the first head(s) poking out tonight, at which point I may slit the rest of the shells.

Just for SteveNT - your favourite egg has been set aside!
DSC04287.jpg

We'll see if you like what comes out.:D

What a surprise Susan. Should make for a sleepless night or 2 waiting for them to come out. Can't wait to see them.

Thanks abnrmal91
Ipswich festival got me in the mood to post up a pic. (was a great day)
She looks small in the photo! She is at day 19 since shed. Been belly up a fair bit and started trying to dig at night. Hoping she will push in the next week. Last years average egg weight was 72g so she put in a great effort seeing that she was only small/young. She went in with almost twice as much weight on her as last season so will see what happens this time around???
Cheers, Aaron d:)/-<

Oh you lucky bugger Col, you struck it rich mate... Albino Jag. Well done mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back