Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
28-11-2011 Black & Yellow Jungles

Attachments

• DSC04230.jpg
    DSC04230.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC04232.jpg
    DSC04232.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 95
It's a great sight when they all emerge and tangle themselves together. Almost makes your eyes hurt to try to count those individuals, Colin! My babies are reaching that first milestone:
DSC04342.jpg

I will have to start thawing some fuzzy mice this week..

Ok so this maculosa female is now 29 days since prelay
she is a normally lean snake that doesnt carry much weight and was 575g at the end of summer
She refused feeds for a month or so before her shed and hasnt eaten since
she now weighs 600g and is plumper looking than what she normally is
I have had people tell me she is gravid and others she isnt so im putting it here so i can get assurance from a wider range of people as to wether or not she is

But i got this photo today, bad i know and not side on enough but gives you the idea of what im looking at, i felt her the other day and could feel soft lumps but could barely feel them but when i lift her tail up vertically i can see distinct bulges but this here does not show it very well

so thoughts people

cheers Scott

and yes i know that people macs are hatching now which makes it really annoying cause mine still hasnt bloody laid

Attachments

• FEMALE MACULOSA.jpg
    FEMALE MACULOSA.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 60
Not shown well in the photo, but what you are describing sounds like she is ready to lay. Give her a suitable lay box and see how you go. Will you incubate the eggs, so let her? At 29 days post shed, you need to set up an incubator quickly if you intend to do the job.

Not shown well in the photo, but what you are describing sounds like she is ready to lay. Give her a suitable lay box and see how you go. Will you incubate the eggs, so let her? At 29 days post shed, you need to set up an incubator quickly if you intend to do the job.

ive had my incubator set up for a year and a half
she looked very promising last year but didnt lay and i had the incubator all ready to go
this time around all tubs are set up with perlite ready to go, i have a herp nursery incubator so its all sweet
Thanks pythonmum ive had my doubts about her but its just been so long
i purchased these guys december 09 and i i might finnaly get eggs

anyone got any centralians

My female was basking upside down the other day, she has never done that before. She had mated several times and sloughed on NOV 29th. I'm hoping for a christmas present from her. Mind you, she is not overly fat.

you might get a lucky chrismas present then. Im hoping to buy a female for my yearling centralian in the near future and would love all the advice i can get!

My girl has laid her clutch! Unfortunately it WAS NOT on the nice soft stuff i gave her.. instead it was on the newspaper which is on the heat mat.... I'm hoping they haven't been there long (1 day as opposed to 2 -3)... Was expecting to see her move outside, but was obviously more comfortable in the hide on newspaper...
She looks relatively health aside from being almost bone.... lol
I haven't got an exact count, but i think the total is 14 (first time mum) first egg the other day was really bad slug. and I think 1 egg on top is a bit mouldy and may die.. unfortunately its 10pm and nothing is open until tomorrow at 10am... which is when I will go and buy an incubator (hovabator or that exo terra one, not sure yet).
Heres the only photo so far, I couldn't put her hide back on as she spread out a little and got a little curious as to ***... (it's a tight fitting hide)...

*EDIT - 14 or 15 Laid, 2 slugs (1 may go infertile)... I couldn't separate them with out tearing, so they are in a clump in the incubator...
I have 2 humidity gauges and 1 says 100% and the other is 75%.... Strange, but 13 hours later they look perfect still :eek:

Attachments

• 386694_10150409267558947_549213946_8573920_1362113721_n.jpg
    386694_10150409267558947_549213946_8573920_1362113721_n.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Looks ready to burst scleropages. I love it when you can see the egg-shaped bumps. She is massive! Let us know how many in the clutch.

ok, 99.9% sure shes gravid since shes refused food a month ago for the first time in history,....and shed last monday.

its my first time! :)

(and both of theirs, my hot stud man was with her for 18 hours straight!!! What a man!!!!)

Attachments

• Bellaemail.jpg
    Bellaemail.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 66
  • matingemail.jpg
    matingemail.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 72
Looks like you may have eggs for the new year, Chris! By Christmas you should see the egg-shaped bumps. Great stuff!

How the hell do you keep humidity down??
My incubator with the vermiculite at the right consistency as everywhere says the humidity is 100%... Rage.. taken the lid off to hope it releases it a little more but yeah.. hopefully it settles in a few days... I candles some of the eggs and they look ok (some I couldn't see)...

Don't stress too much veenarm. I incubated mine over water and the humidity probe read about 89%, but the eggs stayed plump right through hatching. In fact, they put on 10g each during incubation! There was a lot of fluid left in each when the hatchlings emerged, but they had no difficulties with hatching and no malformations or bad eggs in the lot. Sometimes humidity readings can just make you worried. Go by how the eggs look and remember that they are tough.

ok, 99.9% sure shes gravid since shes refused food a month ago for the first time in history,....and shed last monday.

its my first time! :)

(and both of theirs, my hot stud man was with her for 18 hours straight!!! What a man!!!!)

They look really well chris,mine are in an aviary outside and one male and a female i have rarely seen since last summer.
They spend most of the time hide in metal downpipes i have at the top,must mate in there also i expect.
Brought them indoors,female is off feed now,see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back