Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt read past the first page either dave 8208, you hit the nail on the head. Reminder to myself to shun daniel1234 the god damn SNITCH RAT!
Pretty irresponsible of you to house two snakes together in the first place kairanjie regardless of what you were told prior!!

i didnt read past the first page either dave 8208, you hit the nail on the head. Reminder to myself to shun daniel1234 the god damn SNITCH RAT!
Pretty irresponsible of you to house two snakes together in the first place kairanjie regardless of what you were told prior!!

yeah i feel like a knob for takin someones word!!!!!!!!! last time i wil do that, though the diamond was booked in to b probed next week, but guess i was to slow, and before buying my coastal i went round asking hundreds of people if it was a good idea to house them together, and when at the castle hill expo this year we saw 2 giant diamond and coastal together and asked the owners if it was a good idea, basicaly everyone we spoke to said it wuld be fine as long as they were both the same sex, but yeah i do feel irresposiable now it has happened and stupid for trustin!!!!!!

I wouldn't get too excited just yet everyone. What you thought was a witnessed mating does not in anyway mean that it will be viable. If you do decide to continue to pursue this are you set up to take care of, feed, house and heat potentially 20 or more snakes? What about the ones that don't shed properly or wont feed easily?

Not meaning to be rude but you need to see the reality of it all.

Regards.

Everytime something like this pops up its a hybrid debte. How many of these threads are their already! And its pretty presumptious of you reptiledude1 to claim noone here likes hybrids.... I LIKE THEM!
And as far as illegal goes, i hope you people crying this NEVER speed or NEVER litter or have NEVER dranken alcohol underage or NEVER sworn in public......

Well Done Brown Hair good to see some one standing up to the bullies I LIKE THEM TOO.

meh do you know what they are two species of carpets that naturally mate
port macs people !!!! so befor eyou all get on your high horse yes it was illegal and yes not the best thing to do but acccidents happen

I know this has been said a million times before, but Port Macs/Intergrades are NOT hybrids. They aren't created by a Diamond and a Coastal breeding!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wouldn't get too excited just yet everyone. What you thought was a witnessed mating does not in anyway mean that it will be viable. If you do decide to continue to pursue this are you set up to take care of, feed, house and heat potentially 20 or more snakes? What about the ones that don't shed properly or wont feed easily?

Not meaning to be rude but you need to see the reality of it all.

Regards.
yeah u r absolutly right, if u c my origina post was about how many days wil i start to notice signs of gravidness, so i dont even know if both snakes had viable egges/sperm as breeding was not on the cards this year, though they have been colled i have not been following a set routine for bredding, so they may not even produce anything yet,
but just in case im lookin for a incubator and wwill be gettin all the proper equipment to house the all IF she does turn out to be gravid, thankgod i have an empty garage!!! lol
and i have been talking to other breeders and made some great connections so in the event she is we have the best info and help availiable. thanks for pointing that out its only just all sinkin in!!! lol

I thought snakes had to be cooled to produce viable sperm?
So you still may not get eggs from this mating, unless you have been cooling your snakes....
Just My Opinion......

i thought snakes had to be cooled to produce viable sperm?
So you still may not get eggs from this mating, unless you have been cooling your snakes....
Just my opinion......

yeah spot on !!!!! I have not been planning on breeding so there for have not followed a strict cooling routine, though the temps were put down for winter, plus i have only had my coastal for a month r so, so i dont even know if she has been cooled sufficently, so its still a big question mark thats why i asked about how many days wil it take to show signs of being gravid. So chances are she wont be but i wana be prepared either way

yeah spot on !!!!! I have not been planning on breeding so there for have not followed a strict cooling routine, though the temps were put down for winter, plus i have only had my coastal for a month r so, so i dont even know if she has been cooled sufficently, so its still a big question mark thats why i asked about how many days wil it take to show signs of being gravid. So chances are she wont be but i wana be prepared either way
I could be wrong as I have never tried breeding any snake or pythons, but it would be more the male that needs to be cooled, and dropping the temps for winter is doing this. So that said, I think you may still get some eggs out it.
Good luck and if anyone with more experience or is clue'd up on this to post a more details explination.

Cheers

i apprecitate peoples concern, and let me get it straight this was not done intentionaly, we have only had the coastal for a few weeks, and she was previously housed with a diamond, so until the new enclosure arrives they were put together, and both sellers told us they were probed and female, i was actualy having the diamond probed next week.................bit late now

I think being gravid is the least of your worries, you need to learn about quarantine.. You've bought a snake off someone that had it housed with another python (Which increases it's chance of catching something via the other snake) and chucked it straight in with yours. Now anything that the new snake you bought has your original snake will now be infected with it also, and vise versa your new snake will have anything your original snake had.

It's very risky to skip quarantine when theres a lot of parasites etc for the most part go unnoticed to the unexperienced, not to mention if something goes wrong with your new snake how can the seller give you a refund/exchange when keeping it with another snake could be the reason for it and not a fault of theirs.

I did not, and have not dobbed, any one in. Alot of members on here, including myself, run on hear say and innuendo. It was my impression that Australia wide it was illegal. Even if I agree with it it is still illegal. Why would I endorse breeding snakes that could, at least in theory, get you in trouble. Some guy in Victoria I think was advertising a carpet x childrens python and I contacted the seller to find out what it was (because it is not actually possible to cross the two (so I'm told)). I contacted DECCS to clarify an issue, not to dob any one in. I did not mention any one or any names, just asked a question and got my answer. I wanted to test my theory about the listings, and I was wrong about that as well. Apparently DECCS have accepted that it happens. Besides most know they are to short staffed to worry about a couple possible cross bred snakes. If you really must know, I reckon there is a hot looking x in reptiles Australia vol 5 issue 1. But I am not going to breed just because I think the law sucks. I was wrong. Breed the two, get an incubator and good luck.

Last edited:
at the castle hill expo this year we saw 2 giant diamond and coastal together and asked the owners if it was a good idea, basicaly everyone we spoke to said it wuld be fine as long as they were both the same sex, but yeah i do feel irresposiable now it has happened and stupid for trustin!!!!!!

Whoever told you that has no clue, keeping 2 males together will eventually end in combat and injury if left together unsupervised...

There is a chance ur female may ovulate and lay eggs, I suggest you simply get rid of them as soon as they are layed, problem solved.

I think being gravid is the least of your worries, you need to learn about quarantine.. You've bought a snake off someone that had it housed with another python (Which increases it's chance of catching something via the other snake) and chucked it straight in with yours. Now anything that the new snake you bought has your original snake will now be infected with it also, and vise versa your new snake will have anything your original snake had.

It's very risky to skip quarantine when theres a lot of parasites etc for the most part go unnoticed to the unexperienced, not to mention if something goes wrong with your new snake how can the seller give you a refund/exchange when keeping it with another snake could be the reason for it and not a fault of theirs.

for starters i DO know about quaratnine, the person whom i bought my coastal carpet from was my family friend, so i knew the medical history of both snakes and have known them for 4 years and neither had any sort of health problem, and she also had a vet check 2 weeks prior to buying her and came out 100% so i knew she was fine, plus o got the reports.
THEN my diamond i have had for 2 years and has had fequent vet checks, his last being only 1 month ago.
PLUS the coastal WAS put into quarantine 8 weeks before we got her at my friends house. (she was seperated from the other diamond n kept at another location.)

why cant anyone on here just answer my actual question, if i needed to know about these other thigs i would have asked.

What about the whole QUARENTINE issue, You have only had the second snake for a few weeks and yet you have put the health of your original animal at grave risk!!!!

Whoever told you that has no clue, keeping 2 males together will eventually end in combat and injury if left together unsupervised...

There is a chance ur female may ovulate and lay eggs, I suggest you simply get rid of them as soon as they are layed, problem solved.

i askd them about females not males they said that bout the males to.

for starters i do know about quaratnine, the person whom i bought my coastal carpet from was my family friend, so i knew the medical history of both snakes and have known them for 4 years and neither had any sort of health problem, and she also had a vet check 2 weeks prior to buying her and came out 100% so i knew she was fine, plus o got the reports.
Then my diamond i have had for 2 years and has had fequent vet checks, his last being only 1 month ago.
Plus the coastal was put into quarantine 8 weeks before we got her at my friends house. (she was seperated from the other diamond n kept at another location.)

why cant anyone on here just answer my actual question, if i needed to know about these other thigs i would have asked.

it was the seller of my original diamond that gave me false info bout the sex, not the seller of the coasta thats why i bought her as i thought i already had a female, and was gettin her probed this week to be 100% i didnt have the $$$ to do it straight away after buying a snake and havin a baby to.

Its not like these are my first snake the coastal is number 7.
And have kept them for many years and my husband even longer.
Plus we both study animals , my huby especialy doing reptiles and have had years of experience
so i would appreciate people not asuming i dont know ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have just never attempted breeding nor was i tryin to!!!!

for starters i DO know about quaratnine, the person whom i bought my coastal carpet from was my family friend, so i knew the medical history of both snakes and have known them for 4 years and neither had any sort of health problem, and she also had a vet check 2 weeks prior to buying her and came out 100% so i knew she was fine, plus o got the reports.
THEN my diamond i have had for 2 years and has had fequent vet checks, his last being only 1 month ago.
PLUS the coastal WAS put into quarantine 8 weeks before we got her at my friends house. (she was seperated from the other diamond n kept at another location.)

You do realise there are illnesses that lay dormant or go unnoticed untill it's too late right? There are diseases that cannot be tested for etc. Regardless who you get it from you shouldn't just assume it's alright to chuck it in with another snake.

If you wanted your question answered without people discussing other stuff you shouldn't have A) Said it was a hybrid pairing B) Said you recently obtained one of the animals and just chucked it in with your other one. You left yourself wide open for it all.

You do realise there are illnesses that lay dormant or go unnoticed untill it's too late right? There are diseases that cannot be tested for etc. Regardless who you get it from you shouldn't just assume it's alright to chuck it in with another snake.

If you wanted your question answered without people discussing other stuff you shouldn't have A) Said it was a hybrid pairing B) Said you recently obtained one of the animals and just chucked it in with your other one. You left yourself wide open for it all.

DIDNT YOU READ IT PROPERLY SHE has BEEN IN QUARANTINE I GOT HER 4 WEEKS AFTER SHE HAD BEEN QUARANTINED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back