Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dude he was talking about wranga, not you ^_^
cool on the defense a little, eylandt is a nice guy

sorry i cant help it i just got mixed up, i thought he was talking to me thats why i was like woah cause i just spoke to him n he sounded heaps nice

sorry eylandt!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not much either way, for or against hybrids, but I think this comes back to requirements for keeping a snake. When the newbies get on this site asking about getting their first snakes. We tell them to make sure they have everything before bringing home their snake. Making sure enclosure/click clack is secure and at good temps. So I ask why did you bring home or buy the snake with no enclosure to bring them home to? Why not just wait till it was ready? Would have saved majority of these problems you face now.

I'm not much either way, for or against hybrids, but I think this comes back to requirements for keeping a snake. When the newbies get on this site asking about getting their first snakes. We tell them to make sure they have everything before bringing home their snake. Making sure enclosure/click clack is secure and at good temps. So I ask why did you bring home or buy the snake with no enclosure to bring them home to? Why not just wait till it was ready? Would have saved majority of these problems you face now.
yeah ur right, the coastal was not ment to be at my houe for another month, but the person whom i had her in quaratine at had to go overseas unexpectidly so i had to take her before we were ready, would have much rather had it round the other way, its just a really bad situation and has not gone the way it was pplanned but i spose thats life hey!!!
plus it was my hubbys snake n he wouldnt listen to me either!!! lol typical!!!
lesson learnt!!! lol

yeah ur right, the coastal was not ment to be at my houe for another month, but the person whom i had her in quaratine at had to go overseas unexpectidly so i had to take her before we were ready, would have much rather had it round the other way, its just a really bad situation and has not gone the way it was pplanned but i spose thats life hey!!!
plus it was my hubbys snake n he wouldnt listen to me either!!! lol typical!!!
lesson learnt!!! lol
plus we have a 6ftx 2ft enclosure, and a 10ft giant exhibit, so there was alot of excess space, an she was preivously housed with a diamond that we knew for years, so thats why we put them together, and i have been told by loads of people it is ok as long as they are females,
obviously i could have done things differently and am kicking myself now but like i said this was not how we had things plannd, and i can only try t rectify the situation by doing the best i can to my abilities.

im shocked that with the years of experience that both you and your husband have that you wouldnt know all the risks involved in housing two snakes together. also im sure if you had posted a thread about having your snakes probed there would be people on this site willing to do it for you for free. this would of stopped all this mess from happening

im shocked that you are critising me when you intentionaly bred the same snakes last year, i wasnt trying to breed mate!!!
and we do know the risks but i dont have to sit here and justify why i put them together when i have seen DOZENS of coastals n diamonds housed together and even at castle hill expo to,
its people like you and others on this thread that give aussie pytons a bad name,

I DONT HAVEE TO JUSTFY ANYTHNG TO ANYONE ON HERE I JUST ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT BEING GRAVID

Good on ya Kairanjie for sticking up for yourself
accidents happen and it was pretty brave of you to come on here and tell us what happened considering how alot of people feel about hybrids.
She was just after some help on what to do now that the "deed" is done and hopefully amongst all the flaming you got an answer :)

Majority of us come on here to learn and she'll know what not to do next time

accidents happen and it was pretty brave of you to come on here and tell us what happened considering how alot of people feel about hybrids.
She was just after some help on what to do now that the "deed" is done and hopefully amongst all the flaming you got an answer :)

Agreed,

all i have to say is that if you want to know anything about snakes buy keeping and breeding australian pythons and thenno one here can slag on you as it has all the answers.

good luck with your snakes

regards

jason

thankyou much appreciated!!!!!!

I could be wrong heard on a show a couple of times that snakes can carry diease for 20 years or more and not show signs of being sick till there last days. So if this true it doesn't matter how much quarantine the snake has had.

lol 20 years, disease or not who gives a **** if it lasts that long!

Id also like to see a pic of this 10ft enclosure......

Last edited:
u go house ur snakes in a tub with no heat mat for a few weeks see if its still alive wen u check!!! i thought about this and yeah i have tubs but no heat mat and after forking out $500 for the snake and then having children and a household to support on a bodgy ccenterlink income, i didnt get paids till today so i COULDNT do much, plus the coastal wasnt ment to be here for another month, i know i prolly could have been beteer prepared, but i was realy not expecting i thought i had two females, and i was trying to seperate them but got told not to and to let them go. i WASNT ATTEMPTING TO BREED ANYTHING THIS YEAR AT ALL ACCIDENTS HAPPEN AND PEOPLE LIE, IM JUST TRYING TO RECTFY AND FIX A PROBLEM TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY, PLUS NONE OF THIS WA EVEN MY ORIGINAL QUESTION SO I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY I KEEP BEING HIT WITH ALL THIS, WEN ITS NO BODYS ELSES BUISNESSS, IF U FELL LIKE AND ARGUMENT PM SOMEONE ELSE NOT ME.

if ur on centrelink with kids, then why spend the money if u cant afford anything. oh and i never pm u. wouldnt waste my breath.

Good luck with what ever you do with the snakes and it was a very valid question you started your thred with,
Its a shame when someone has their oppinions on here they try to bully people into their way of thinking, rather than just trying to help with the original question you asked .

We are not all against Hybrids on this forum so dont let the bullies try to make you think we are,
That narrow type of thinking is why Australia is soooooo far behind the USA and Europe with our wonderful hobby
Good luck

That narrow type of thinking is why Australia is soooooo far behind the USA and Europe with our wonderful hobby
Good luck

That's a great idea, lets hybridize everything to catch-up to the yanks and Europe.

That narrow type of thinking will only cause harm to our wonderful hobby.

I hate what the overseas people have done to the bearded dragon the silkbacks no scales or spikes they look horrible.

That's a great idea, lets hybridize everything to catch-up to the yanks and Europe.

That narrow type of thinking will only cause harm to our wonderful hobby.

yer right no one said hybridize everything

All the other countries dont have a problem when its done responsibly

no one has said let them all go

Time to get off your soapboxes people, this is wearing very thin and degrading into arguments

Sadly many threads on this site now go like this. People need to feel that they can come and ask questions without people criticizing everything they do. I feel that if the quality of the posts (and people) on this site continues to go downhill, many people, fed up, will decide to go elsewhere, including the most experienced ones. This will end up effecting all.

Time to get off your soapboxes people, this is wearing very thin and degrading into arguments

Sadly many threads on this site now go like this. People need to feel that they can come and ask questions without people criticizing everything they do. I feel that if the quality of the posts (and people) on this site continues to go downhill, many people, fed up, will decide to go elsewhere, including the most experienced ones. This will end up effecting all.

Well said Slytherin
I have been in the hobby for 35 years, i have very good friends who have been in a lot longer with a whole world of experience who just point blank refuse to join this site , simply because of the constant criticizing of people who have different views ,
what a shame for us all to miss out on there knowledge and expertise.:(

We are not all against Hybrids on this forum so dont let the bullies try to make you think we are,
Good luck

I'm not against hybrids as long as it's done responsibly, such as 1)breeding for enhancing a certain trait rather than chucking anything together and hoping for the best and 2)them being sold exactly as they are, but hybrids are not the only reason why USA and Europe are "so far ahead of us".

Sure they produce some nice hybrids, but the other factors why they are "so far ahead of us" come down to 2 things. Firstly they are not restricted on what they can have, they can import/export and have access to countless exotic species where as we have to just work with natives. Secondly the herp scene over there is WAY bigger than here, meaning way more stock is being bred meaning way more chance for morphs to show up.

So true.... Everyone needs to cut it out. Simple thing is... everyone has different opinions on different topics and thats fine, but there isnt any reason why ne one needs to be bullied or have arguments started over it. Most people use this site to duscuss issues and talk to others who share the same hobby as them selves. It really is not needed -all this carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back