Great doco monday 10.30 on animal planet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I watched this one with great interest.
Austin Steven went to India to find Large King Cobra.
He travel from Trivandrum to Someshwara and catching all sort of snakes hoping to catch large 15 foot king cobra.
The doco showed many Indian snake species as Sand Boa, Pitwhipers, Watersnake Indian Tiger python and other.
I enjoyd to watch him milking wild whiper. Woow what a fangs.
When he cought the large cobra, I could not beleive how big they are. Bigest venomous snake for sure.
He touched that wild snake with his hand on top of head with out holding him and I beleive that this must been exiting for him. One wrong moove and he would be saturated with venom. That large snake must have plenty in his glands.
Again Austin Steven impressed me with the way he handled the snakes and the way he entertain and educate all in one. I loved his doco , he managed to entertine me with out screeming Krikey and act as comedian.

i saw one of his show, seven deadly strikes, he got bitten two out of seven times :)

i was looking forward to watching it but i was busy so ill watch the repeat in the weekend

Slatey, I've seen docos where the cobra handlers routinely subdue the snake by pressing down on the top of the head. The way the sit up makes them vulnerable to this sort of treatment. It is something I would not recommend you try at home and especially not try on Australian epalids.

LOL Fuscy I will not. That cobra was huge and wild. The neck about 8 inches

that guy has to be the biggest idiot out there. The majourity of the snakes he works with are venomoids. His shows are completly rigged.

Alexahnder

Looks like Alexhander is the one who know it all. I don't know why many teenage people like to call somebody idiot and take all the credit out from the person who is definately achiever.
I think Alex that he is more in my eyes then you ewer will be. Mabe you think that to call him idiot will make you expert on herp. related TV programs.
I must say that your opinion did not changed my wiew about the man. The show was great and I enjoyed watching it.

Ok........so this guy gets bitten almost every show......In one show he caught a west african gaboon(Bitis gabonica rhinoceros) in South Africa! Bitis gabonica gabonica is found in South Africa not Bitis gabonica rhinoceros. So do you still not agree with me about staged captures??

This guy spent 107 days and nights in a tank with 36 venomous snakes in Africa. On the 96th day, he was bitten by a cobra, but he refused to leave the tank and was instead treated right there. A guy who was a true herpetologist, or even cared for the animals he was working with wouldn't stress them out unnecissarily for the sole reason of his name being in a record book. That does not show talent...it shows sheer stupidity.

I at no stage was claiming to be an expert at all. But i guess if you want to aspire to a guy like him you can. What ever floats your boat.

I do not have time to argue with you about this as i have more important things to do.

Alexahnder

If it repeats on the weekend, can someone in sydney tape it for me???

Cheers, Alan.

Its like when i watch war movies with army buddies and they spend the whole time whinging that the weapon that is being fired isnt actually capable of what its doing. "duhh, that magazine only holds seven rounds but im sure he fired 9",
Just enjoy things for entertainment value and dont read into them too much Alex.

That guy is an idiot,
I have seen him in doco's before. He makes Steve Irwin look like the worlds safest snake handler.
I have talked to a few people who are high up in the herp world (I wont name names) and they have a total lack of respect for him, and will laugh at you if you mention his name!

Hey sherm, I might be able to tape it for you if its on again.

Slatey, consider us underprivaledged folk who dont get animal planet, be kind, If you know such a show will be on in future, I will pay you for video copy.......Please? :D

One valid point IS that doco's should be accurate - not created purely for entertainment value. If it's giving false information that's presented as true, and trys to entertain me for an hour, then I would definately not be impressed with the show.
I don't know as much about this guy as Alex or Brodie, but from what I do know I'm in agreement with their opinions.
That's what I mean, such positivity
I see no problem with facts like these being stated. Disagre with the interpretation of them if you like.. Maybe that's what you were doing. If so, sorry!

Alexahnder said:
I do not have time to argue with you about this as i have more important things to do.

Alexahnder

Alexhander, It is you who answered in to my thread and I did not asked you to do this.
So please do not tell me such a silly thing that you have more important things to doo.

I can't help that I like his show and enjoy watching it. He is mabe Idiot by your expert standards, But I am sure that if you make doco your self (if you are capable of it)
you would be only happy to have his succes.
He is entertiner , and he was more entertinig to me than our famous Sir Craiky.
I don't care much what ewer bit him, I just will look for more of his docos.
I have great time to watch the one about King Cobra, and I seen many snakes in this program, I have no chance to see otherwise.

LOL GO AUSTIN STEVEN. :p

I hope that he can live with Alexhander hating him. :wink:

Slatey, in my opinion, some of your scathing remarks are far less mature than anything in Alex's posts. They really aren't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back