Green Goanna Blues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebob

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
For all to drowl over. I took these photos last week in Bali..........

Attachments

• greentreemonitor.jpg
    greentreemonitor.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 249
  • bluetreemonitor.jpg
    bluetreemonitor.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 197
wow they are nice, i especially like the green one...thx for sharing...have a good time???

regards...
ash...

Thanks reptilian. Pretty close to you but such a different world. Yes a great time was had by all and plans ahead to meet up in Broome next time. Any suggestions for good herping?

Nice looking lizards, were you at a zoo or something? Only ask because of the eggs in the background

Bob,
Were you at the Bali reptile park?

Nice Macraei and Prasinius, Pete J will wet his pants when he see's these pic's! LOL!
Anymore pic's?

Neil

Thanks reptilian. Pretty close to you but such a different world. Yes a great time was had by all and plans ahead to meet up in Broome next time. Any suggestions for good herping?

Well, if you take a drive even in daytime about 30kms out of town, you will prolly see heaps of big frillies sitting in the middle of the road...On the other hand, if you go through the bush and look under rocks and stuff you could prolly find heaps of snakes and lizards and alot of monitors around the place...You will see heaps of long nosed ta ta Dragons (Lophognathus longirostris) just around town...If your lucky you will quite often see blueys, monitors, brownies and olives in the back yard...and if that fails ya, you can always go to the river and see some crocs ;-)....Yeah there are HEAPS of places around here mate, they are everywhere ;-)

And we got a spare lounge/bed for ya...

Regards...
Ash...

Hey reptilain what an offer!

Nay not in a zoo or park.........downtown bird market. Here is another pic to keep you going!

Attachments

• softshell.jpg
    softshell.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 117
Gee I knew I should have gone there!!!! :(

Jason,
It helps to go with someone who speaks the lingo and knows his animals-this is were my mate comes into the picture. This a small bird market compared with the bird/animal market in Jakarta, which i visited years ago and had almost anything imaginable for sale. Many of these animals are part of the illegal animal trade so to get photos involves a degree of trust. The goannas were shown to us after my mate bought a couple of javan forest scorpions from the same stall-this is a photo looking into the sack. They were a bit lively so all the photos of them crawling on our hands were out of focus.
At another stall there were a couple of hedgehogs, one of which was an albino. The stall holder said they came from Australia!

Attachments

• scorps.jpg
    scorps.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 93
  • hedgehog.jpg
    hedgehog.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 97
That looks like an African hedgehog, he probably meant Africa, I have heard of some albino African hedgehogs before.

I'm in love with Varanus Prasinus. The GTP of the monitor world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back