Green tree frog question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitttownboy

Reaction score
Is there any reason why he goes darker in colour when we put his terrarium fogger on. He loves it and spends a lot of time in the fog but just worried. Cheers

I googled it, and it says depending on their mood, they may turn a dark green color. Maybe he likes it, and is trying to better camouflage himself, so he won't be disturbed. That's my best guess.

I have 3 green tree frogs, they are all bright green now, I noticed that when it started to get cold in my house they started to go dull green and one almost went brown but since we have had the fire lit and the house doesn't get below 25 degrees they have all turned bright green again. Maybe they are getting cold and it loves the fogger cos its warm?

I've got 2, and one stays a constant peppermint green while the other one varies from olive green to peppermint green. I think temperature does play a role along with humidity.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

I've had 5 red eyes for 6 years and have tried to find a reason without conclusive evidence. Temp, humidity and camoflage I think all play a role with camoflage I belive the strongest reason. Wild ones seem to be darker in general I believe this is some sort of melanine for sun protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back