Green Tree Python Care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexbee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey

So i am considering getting a green tree python, the only problem is i dont have much room at home so im thinking i can put an enclosure in my office, its boring in here and a good display animal would be awesome.. my only concern is the heat in summer.. i live in Brisbane... and the only times the aircon wont be on is during the weekend.. and the absolute max we would ever see if 40.. if that was the case i would come and put the aircon on.. however is 2 days a week of 35-37 a huge problem for a gtp?

You might find that you'll contravene your licence conditions if you keep the animal at a place other than your licensed premises, especially if the animal is on public display.

Jamie

40 degrees would be lethal, 35-37 border line but the biggest problem would be the fluctuation - a recipe for IR. What's the temp when the aircon is on?

Thanks Jamie i will look into it and see if there is any way i can.. maybe if they know where ill be keeping him it will all be fine.. he wouldnt be on public display, just in my office...

- - - Updated - - -

40 degrees would be lethal, 35-37 border line but the biggest problem would be the fluctuation - a recipe for IR. What's the temp when the aircon is on?

Thanks mate thats what i was worried about.. i know they are pretty sensitive.. the ac here is on 20-24 most of the time.. id be using a melamine enclosure with a heat panel and id test for a while before he went in there so the aircon on wouldnt cause me any problems..

Best way to go about the office situation is for someone you trust in the office to get their rep license using the office as their
address at which they will be keeping the GTP. :) ....................Ron

Best way to go about the office situation is for someone you trust in the office to get their rep license using the office as their
address at which they will be keeping the GTP. :) ....................Ron

considering my dad and brother are the other 2 in the office that could work haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back