Green Tree Python husbandry and the like....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptalica

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Having been pro-Woma for many years now I am now also looking at branching out into Green Tree Pythons. Given this is a completely different baby to a Woma I am just seeking advice/assistance as to the best way to keep these i.e. type of enclosure, heat source (I was thinking those heat panels which seem effective), ideal temps and humidity, best substrate (I'm assuming for those that keep them in tubs would use paper towel and for those that keep them in enclosures something like sphagnum moss, coco peat etc or something which keeps humidity up?)

Any publications/internet articles and/or references would also be very gratefully received.

I have heard from a few people that The Complete Chondro by Greg Maxwell is an ideal book......others?

I'm also leaning towards the non-native varieties such as the Aru, Sorong or Biak tonight if anyone can assist.

Many thanks once again.

Greg Maxwell's book (2nd edition) is all you'll need. Just be sure to acquire from a reliable source - there have been a few losses from disease recently. Make sure you get references - this should apply with any snake. Be wary of bargains - legit breeders know what their animals are worth and rarely discount, except for multiple purchases.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back