Green Tree Setup Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewildlifeco

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im looking into a more naturalistic looking home for my green tree. Im currently really struggling to find what soil/bedding I should use that wont mess with my animal. Ive been to Bunnings, but it seems to me also every potting mix contains fertilizer?

I've just changed from the recycled kitty litter to kritters crumble. It's a safe coconut husk coir materiel that looks like natural mulch.

So far I'm liking it. It's keeping the tank temp steady and looks clean. Most big box pet stores sell it for around $25-30 a bag but I found my pet warehouse online the cheapest at $15. 1 bag manger to cover a 2x2x4 tank in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also it's good with odour control and the makers say it's okay if pets were to ingest it as it's safe to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow i like him.Im in the same boat.Im in the process of getting a gtp.I use critters crumble on all my other animals anf it works great.It holds the smell down nicely.As my animals are in my room it would get rather on the nose
just using paper.And yes pet ware house is the cheapest if you spend over like $50 its free shipping.

I prefer sphagnum moss that is moist at one end and dry at the other.

I used critters crumble for a while, but it gets expensive pretty quickly. I get sphagnum moss whenever I go to bunnings, but for the most part, Ive been using news paper for adults, and paper towel for neos etc. Depends on your misting regime, how dry it is where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back