Greetings From America :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristina

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Cristina. I absolutely love Aussie reptiles and can't wait to visit. I currently own 7 species of Local Boas, 2 BPS, a Western Hognose snake, a Cornsnake, Tegu, 2 Ackies, 2 Beardies,4 Geckos.
Im in the process of buying a Woma, im sooo excited. He is stunning.
Also I will be getting a yearling Rhino Iguana next week.

Welcome Cristina! That's quite a collection you've got there :D

Got any photos of your reptiles? Would love to see some pics! :)

Awsome, i love having more seppo's on APS ( i lived in PA for a few years).

I would love to see pics off the Rhino when you get him.

donk

Hi Cristina, welcome to the site.

Sounds like you already have a nice collection. What is a BPS? and where are the pics? new members will get kicked if they dont post up pics of their herps, just joking ;) but some pics would be cool. How much do womas go for over there?

welcome;) pics definitely required

Bp stands for Ball Python. Are u allowed to keep Boas in Australia?

Dino my Tegu

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01888.jpg

Ackies-Kimba and Koche

DSC01956.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

Pumpkin-

DSC01947.jpg

Buddy-

bud.jpg

Geckos-

DSC01899.jpg

Snakes

Brazilan-

DSC01977.jpg

belemmmm.jpg

Hog Island-

DSC01975.jpg

DSC01973.jpg

Suriname-

DSC01971.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

BCI-

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01963.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

bp-

steveee.jpg

Western Hog-hes much bigger now

hognoseeee.jpg

Costa Rican-

costaaa.jpg

Caulker Cay-

caulkerrrr.jpg

BCI-

beautyyyy.jpg

Woah that Tegu looks freakin awesome, how big is it exactly? It looks like a monster :D.

Hello Cristina, welcome to the forum!!!:)
wow, you've got an amazing collection!!!
I love your Constrictors, especially from Suriname and Brazil!
They are gorgeous!!!

Greetings from Germany
Lars

Love the imperator!
How much do they go for in the states?

Thanx Guys..I cant wait to get the Woma..It will be a dream..thier pretty expensive here.
BCIs go for anywhere btwn 70-500$

Depends on the age, of course large breedable girls will be the most.

Morphs are BIG here in the States..I am very against it..it creates inbreds, genetic problems such as neurological disorders, low life span. And it smears the pure bloodlines of the Boas and BPs. Ppl are crossing EVERYTHING that will breed together to be the first and make a BIG buck.
Its a HUGE problem here.

Morphs are BIG here in the States..I am very against it..it creates inbreds, genetic problems such as neurological disorders, low life span. And it smears the pure bloodlines of the Boas and BPs. Ppl are crossing EVERYTHING that will breed together to be the first and make a BIG buck.
Its a HUGE problem here.

That sucks, to me morphs are more of a novelty thing "Oh look mines different to yours im cooler lol" some may be cool but i personally prefer them normal.. The way they were intended to be. Natural occuring morphs are fine by me, but if people carry on stuff like purposely inbreeding and crossbreeding just for a different colour or something then all thats gonna happen in the end is like you mentioned, weak lines with problems and mass crossbreeding will result in everything just being jumbled up into a big pile of crap where no one knows what the hell they are getting..

If you cannot appreciate a reptiles natural beauty then why bother getting one.

Anyways i 'think' crossbreeding here is illegal and are euthanized.

That sucks, to me morphs are more of a novelty thing "Oh look mines different to yours im cooler lol" some may be cool but i personally prefer them normal.. The way they were intended to be. Natural occuring morphs are fine by me, but if people carry on stuff like purposely inbreeding and crossbreeding just for a different colour or something then all thats gonna happen in the end is like you mentioned, weak lines with problems and mass crossbreeding will result in everything just being jumbled up into a big pile of crap where no one knows what the hell they are getting..

If you cannot appreciate a reptiles natural beauty then why bother getting one.

Anyways i 'think' crossbreeding here is illegal and are euthanized.

You have no idea how bad the problem is here. Spidersballs have a headwobble, albinism, sunglow boas, bubblegum boas..and it goes on..
they sell these snakes for a crazy amount of money. Thier just "Mutts" Here on the American forums u're either for morphs or u're a "purist", there is so much debate back and forth about it.

I love them as they are.

fantastic collection mate. love the tegu..
u certainly know how to make an entrance alright. :D

Thanx Everyone.

Im having alot of problems w/ Dino the Tegu. He is very aggressive. I have been working w/ him trying to tame him for months. It has not worked. It is very rare for a Tegu to be this aggressive, but he is very dominate and I live in his world. The other day he split my finger open. Since I have 2 children I have made the decision w/ a heavy heart to find him another home. Gratefully the top Tegu breeder here in America has offered to take him in. I will get a hatchling from him. I think that is the best decision. Im really upset but I have to do whats best for everyone.

Ques- can u keep Boas in Australia? I dont see anyone w/ any.

general public cant generally keep boas although there are still a few left in captivity from before the amnesty.
People who have them here dont usually advertise they have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back