Greetings from springbrook

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Sorry about the photo quality here but this was my first wander a springbrook in 4 years, one of my favorite herp spots, and I have this real need to infict these photos on you. This is a land mullet Egernia major. These are common, saw three, but they were all shy. Sometimes you get animals that stand their ground and hiss at you but not today

This is proberly the major skink Egernia frerei. If my fading memory serves me correctly then these lizards will be easy to spot until december after that they disappear for the rest of the year. They are a nervous and hard to approch skink, normally you don't see them just hear them crash into the undergrowth. Both this species and the land mullets normally have a safe burrow nearby

Fuscy,
You gotta start using "[" and "]" when trying to make things appear in bold and italic font instead of "<" and ">" that you're using now.

Hope you're keeping well mate...enjoy the travel.

Simon Archibald

Yep, a Major Skink, why is it they dissapeard after december? And talk about shy, I can't even catch my juvies in their tub most the time :) , lovely Coastal.

Don't know where I'll be stopping Dicco, depends on work. May head further north for a couple of months.

Back to the photos, normally I try and get the myself or the subject (henceforth known as the Victim) to get the best possible photo. However the snake was right at the edge of a cliff, I didn't want to have the animal panic and blot over the cliff and then me hearing a dull thud 20 seconds later. I have enough psycological problems and guilt trips without adding that to the list. No photo is worth causing the death of the subject.
This photo shows the cliff edge and how close the snake was to the edge. Plant nuts will also notice the king orchids

Nice pics man. What exactly do you do? You mentioned database programming in other threads but then you get to travel around taking pics of reptiles?

Be happy :)

nice pictures I am really enjoying your photos of all the different places!kepp them up

nice piccies Fuscus :) that pic of the carpet looks almost identical to the one Jessie and I helped off the road a few days ago, was pretty big too, around the 8 ft mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back