Grrrr!! Bloody cats!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

disintegratus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My sister refuses to keep her cats confined, and they are constantly killing stuff. There's usually at least one mouse or rat on our front porch almost every day, which is bad enough, and every time I catch them with something live, I take it off them and hold on to it for a while to make sure it'll be okay, then release, or I kill it myself (if it's vermin, or too far gone to save.)
Today just really p****d me off though, because I heard one of the cats making noises outside, and went out there, he'd caught a skink and was playing with it, and the poor thing had half its guts hanging out. I shooed him off, and had to squish the poor little bugger, which was trying to get away, but its insides were sticking to the concrete.

The worst I've had to deal with before was a ringtail possum that they left in our kitchen, poor thing was on deaths door. The thing that annoys me the most is that most of the time she doesn't even see it or have to deal with it, because it's always during the day, or whatever it is that they've tortured is dead by morning. I can't just leave an animal suffering just so she has to deal with it when she gets home, but it's doing my head in.

I reckon our Bredli could probably manage one of the smaller cats, I'm half tempted to "accidentally" let her out of her tank after I've "accidentally" gassed the bloody things. It just makes me MAD!!!

Yea, cats are pretty destructive :|

The day is coming where people will have to keep cats from roaming. I know some of the newer suburbs in Canberra, the law is no wandering cats. $225 fine if they get picked up, same again if it isnt microchipped.

Some of the enclosures people build to keep thier cats is amazing.... good to see

I dont know why, I cannot explain Joey(my wussy pussy)he is a freak of cat nature.... He is 4 and has killed a baby mouse by laying on it(it came up through the floor boards inside)there was not one tooth mark on it I only knew he had it because I had to pick him up to shift him and saw the dead baby mouse underneath him. He pounced on a gecko and its tail fell off, he was stunned it was hilarious cause he ran away from the jiggling tail lol Birds terrify him, when I take him out doors he hits the deck if a shadow of a bird flys over him lol he is not timid in other ways, he is just not a hunter. In saying that, he is microchipped, desexed and only allowed out when we supervise him. I dislike cats that are allowed to roam free it is irresponsible of owners. I would personally take the cats of your sisters and get them put to sleep, it is obvious she wont respect how you feel and she isnt being responsible sorry if I am sounding harsh, I just think of the wildlife :(

cats are destructive,but do u own a dog?dogs are pretty destructive to,plenty of dogs do the same to possums,skinks,even rats and mice,oh,um,doesnt your bredli naturally devour the same diet through its lifetime?
maybe just kill all the animals,that way none can harm another,if thats the mentality on cats,should be the same on everything else,no offence

Ooh a cat thread.
I'll just grab my popcorn and watch the show. You never know, this one may not end in the "usual way".

cats are destructive,but do u own a dog?dogs are pretty destructive to,plenty of dogs do the same to possums,skinks,even rats and mice,oh,um,doesnt your bredli naturally devour the same diet through its lifetime?
maybe just kill all the animals,that way none can harm another,if thats the mentality on cats,should be the same on everything else,no offence
Your right in a lot of what you say.... I feel though that it gets down to the OP wanting the Sister to take responsibility for her animal. I believe if every one was more responsible then a lot of the "destructiveness"wouldnt be happening. In my opinion you cannot really compare native animals devouring the same diet as introduced animals, it just doesnt make sense(no offense) I dont think this thread was a cat vs dog thread to be honest

So true, this thread wasnt intended to start a mass debate about how shocking crystals pussy is...... ;) :lol:

it is about disintigratus's's sister needing to man up and look after her own pussy..... to make sure it isnt devouring things it shouldnt and leaving them unconcious on the doorstep.... lets get back on topic.

But chrystal, if you need any advice or anything regarding your pussy, I would be very happy to look into it. I am very good with pussies..... I have a russian blue myself ;)

I always say pussies should never be allowed to roam free and owners need to keep them from devouring foreign food items..... Captain I am sure you have your hands full with your own pussy ;) Russian Blue ahhhhh lovely

well think of the amount or natives that end up road kill to automobiles,introduced automobiles as well as native ones,lol,should we place all the automobiles under house arrest to,wildlife isnt there natural diet either

op is grrrrrrrrrrrr ing at cats,otherwise thread would be grrrrrrrrrrrrrr sisters,i have 3 sisters,when im pissed at them i grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr at them

all good blabbering on bout responsabilities of ownin cats,but some folk need to pull there heads in and do the same with everything else if they are going to hate on just cats,that to me is a joke,locking cats up is all good,but where do u stop,dogs under house arrest to,ban the driving of automobiles,tear all dwellings and give the bush back to the native animals

im not arguing pro cat or cat verses dog,im arguing it goes a hell of alot deeper than just cats,and if folk are so anti cat,why arent they the same with the rest if they are so for saving native wildlife,never seen a cat tear apart a black swan,but witnessed a pet dog do just that walking along a popular foreshore down here,maybe its easier to just blame cats

I have 3 dogs. Which are all confined to my property unless supervised, and are not put in a position to have any kind of impact on native fauna. The best they can do is snap at bees and wasps, and if they catch one, I'm fairly certain they won't be doing it again in a hurry.

I have no problems with properly contained cats. It is safer for both the animal and its surrounding environment.
My Bredli eats rodents, however, given the opportunity (not that it would be, but hypothetically), my Bredli would kill the food and eat it. She would not torture it for hours until it finally died, and then eat a little bit of it and leave the rest to rot.

My issue here is not even with cats following their hunting instincts. My issue here is with IRRESPONSIBLE pet ownership. It is up to the owner to keep an animal contained. For its own safety and that of the environment around it.

Yes.... pussies are wonderful things. I have spent most of my miss-spent youth trying to get my hands on as many pussies as possible. They are often hard to get hold of, but I have managed to get hold of a fair few. The really hard to get ones, I often have had to resort to speering them. Remember tho, I am only chasing pussies for scientific purrpuss's, studies (in deapth) to increase my (already high) expert-tease ;)

So far I have managed to investigate thuroughly, a couple of gingers, too many siamese, an egyptian, quite a few coons (maine coon) which were very fluffy (you could almost plat-a-pus) oh, but my favorites have always been brazillians :shock:

I really like nice relaxed pussies that when you stroke under thier chin or scratch behind the ears, they dribble.... I guess that is why my cat is my fave,,,, he usually sits on top of me and purrs his head off while I stroke him, then the dribbling starts and I have to quickly grab a tissue......

and if it concerns op about sis letting cat roam,and not being home during the day to watch her cats ect,was doesnt op just bring the cat inside themselves,would save op the heart ache of having to deal with the trauma of said cat victoms,seems like a no brainer to me

maybe its easier to just blame the pussy

captain ratbag,hope when your pussy hunting is getting a smidgen dry,u dont cheat and try entering the hunting field through the back door when folk have there front cat doors locked

Last edited:
captain ratbag,hope when your pussy hunting is getting a smidgen dry,u dont cheat and try entering the hunting field through the back door when folk have there front cat doors locked
Ha ha ha ha ha ha very funny well put

Yes, but some with pussies will tell you, when the pussy is let out and feels the fresh air and sunshine, it is not always easy to get them back under control again. You try to call them and get them to come inside but they wont ubtil they are ready :rolleyes:

The fact the pussy is disintigratus's's sisters, it is up to her to keep it under control, build a 'pussy aviary' to keep it in when it wants to go roaming and eating poor, unsuspecting wildlife.

Why should it be disintigratus's's responsibility? He would prolly get severely growelled at if he was always grabbing his sisters pussy.... she should take care of it herself, IMO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back