GTF humidity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade78

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to keeping green tree frogs. I have just got 2 babies and was wandering what my humidity should be sitting at. It normally sits between 60 and 70. I have a running waterfall, a fogger and also a large water dish. I've read these frogs dnt require a high humidity unlike others but then also read they do. Is mine correct. And also how much do I feed. They are just babies and the store said about 3 medium crickets every other day. they get that but I do put extra in for them to hunt and the occasional moth went caught. Help would be appreciated, thanks...

Frogs will hydrate themselves by swimming so humidity is no real issue I spray mine tank with a cheap spray bottle. I never keep track of humity for them is just another thing to stress about. Don't worry. If they have water, food and alittle greenery ( fake will do) then you are on the right track in winter they will need heat. So relax and enjoy.

As above my babies that are about the size of a 20c piece now have water that is about 3/4 their height, a bit of greenery and that's it. My adults have a waterfall with water pools and about 3 inches of water at front of tank, greenery consists of fake vines. Fed every 2 or 3 days. Be careful leaving crickets for them to hunt. If crickets get hungry there is only 1 feed source for them

Thanks guys, yeah they have all that. Seem pretty content frogs. Guess i'm just a first time worrier lol..

I've 6 GTF morphs at the moment. They have a very simple set up, no substrate, a shallow bowl of water & a fake plant to hide/cling on.
I also don't worry much about spraying them. Compared to the red eyes I also have, I find the gtf's sitting in the water bowl whenever they need to hydrate themselves, whereas the red eyes I do spray as I hardly see them hanging around the water.
The gtf's I feed a few extra small crickets every night & will cut down to every 2nd night once they get a bit bigger.

Jade there's a really good frog forum which has been posted many times bbefore . If you do a google search for frog forum I'm sure you will find it

Last edited:
Thank you all for your advice. Think I have come across that forum in my searches. Will have a closer look, cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back