Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D3pro

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Searching the net for variations of green tree pythons, I stumbled on this image which I'm sure many have already seen.

I know the Australian reptile community will see this as a bad omen to our hobby, but damn... how can something so wrong, look so good? I don't know what the original keeper was thinking, ether it was money or just pure experimentation, but I can't help marvel at this animal.

CalGirl_by_oOBrieOo.jpg

Is it bad of me to say that I wan't one? lol

maybe this one too, though not a hybrid, it's still amazingly striking (if not more).

Canary%2007%20update.JPG

The first one I believe is a "Calico" morph and the second is the Albino (I think). They are both amazing I think personally, what is not to like about the GTP. The more I see them the more I fall in love with them.

the yellow one doesnt look like it has red eyes so I dont think its an albino.
looks more like a kofiau island GTP to me but I could be wrong :D

Hybrid is really the wrong word to use....

???

if you want to see true hybrids type green tree python cross carpet python into google images:shock:

http://www.kingsnake.com/salceies/400/Albinomerauke/floyd_dec_2004small.jpg[IMG]

Dunno if that will work or not but the albino snake wisperer is showing

Yep - not hybrids at all, just line-bred morphs of Morelia viridis. The same sorts of things will turn up here in due course as the market for GTPs becomes more diverse - initially the plain green ones were most desirable, but tastes change as the hobby/industry develops.

Jamie.

Yep - not hybrids at all, just line-bred morphs of Morelia viridis. The same sorts of things will turn up here in due course as the market for GTPs becomes more diverse - initially the plain green ones were most desirable, but tastes change as the hobby/industry develops.

Jamie.

I'll take a "plain green" one!! :D

Just love the GTP's........I believe line breeding is great but i am against cross breeding. Keep our fauna pure and discourage breeders that are just in it to make money.

Keep our fauna pure and discourage breeders that are just in it to make money.

Making anysort of decent money from Hybrids i belive is just a lucky biproduct of the passion to make a purly asteticly beautiful/different looking animal.

donks

Making anysort of decent money from Hybrids i belive is just a lucky biproduct of the passion to make a purly asteticly beautiful/different looking animal.

donks
well put mate it dosent always come thru when u cross breed

The various morphs are fantastic (well, some of them) but I am yet to see nice cross GTP. The x carpets look pretty ugly, having the bright green muddied with carpet's brown and grey markings. Unless you can "improve" (if I can put it that way) the appearance of one or the other x species, what's the point in doing it? Playing God? Doesn't impress me, I am an atheist. :lol:

i dunno water rat i think this looks ok

Attachments

• Lemonpepper5-20-0801.med.jpg
    Lemonpepper5-20-0801.med.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 426
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back