Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, I think you must be right, the heading for the speckled gtp had hybrid but it must of been wrong. I agree with water-rat and the rest, it does kill the gtp side, but... lol, it doesn't kill the carpet side.
Here is others I found.

I think to just randomly breed a GTP with a carpet and expect something amazing is stupid:

carpondro51.jpg

But re-breeding the hybrids until you have a decent line seems to have good results. Not sure what this one has, Jaguar maybe?

188.jpg

I still reckon you could create carpets like that just through selective breeding instead of crossing GTP into it. Where is the green?

This one is not a hybrid, pure "international" GTP from polygamous, promiscuous parents. :lol:

nigro.jpg

I personally think those calico morphs (the first pic in this thread) are completely dog ugly.. I really don't find anything about them attractive.

What do we have in Australia in terms of morphs? I know there is a few blues... anything else?

There are a number of hybrid GTPs out there.
Here's a pic I found while browsing.
75% GTP cross Carpet.jpg

Came across this site the other day, if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see a pairing of a GTP to a diamond jaguar.

SPITFIRE REPTILES HERP JOURNAL

Also on that page is a ball python x woma and another gtp hybrid called emo due to it has a sad face on its head lol.

Last edited:
whatever floats your boat
I like the look of some hybrids and I think if someone was to breed hybrids they should do the right thing and make sure the buyer knows what their buying. Sadly there are people that try to make hybrids something their not, like a new morph, and that's where it gets dodgy. But if someone says, "I bred a Hybrid, it looks awesome... do you want one?" then thats fine, at least it's truthful and no one can say "he lied!!!".

As far as GTP's go, I like the perfect greens better, I admit some morphs and hybrids look awesome... but if I was to choose I would go with the pure.

A viridis x carinata would be an interesting sight.

It's been done... there was a few for sale 12 months ago.. The breeder got crucified by the herp community...

I heard that Paul Berridge did that cross 2 or 3 years ago, not sure if its true or not as I dont talk with Paul......

D3PRO
Totally agree with what you say, theres also plenty of evidence to suggest that people are being honest with their cross's, look at Byron Moses for example. He bought a prossie x darwin and it was labelled as such on herp trader and he continues to call it what it is. This is how it has to be if people go down that path.....I also remeber seeing Bredli x Diamond advertised recently.......

It's been done... there was a few for sale 12 months ago.. The breeder got crucified by the herp community...

Does anybody have one of these, let me know I am all of a sudden very interested in getting one......

Ah the same old hope - that the breeders will onsell them, and all is OK if he says what it is. I'm not getting into this debate, but of course these animals are moved around the community by a variety of people - some honest, some not, and some just too dumb to know the importance of provenance.

No one can be expected to know the provenance of animals that have passed through several hands over a number of years. It's pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking that the information will be passed on with every transaction. Like Chinese whispers - after a couple of people have been involved, and each has customised the story to suit the buyer or ensure a sale, the original story will be lost forever.

I guess that's progress...

Jamie

Jamie, what do you mean your not going to get into this debate, you just contributed to the debate.....

I feel that concern too, but the bottom line is, it (hybrids) is gonna happen no matter what people say. But negative comments and attitudes is what will make people think twice about being honest.....

Like I said its gonna happen, in fact it already has, keepers that are respected like you need to try encouraging people to be honest instead of being sarcastic....

Not trying to start a fight with you, but just trying to be pro-active

I agree with pythoninfinite
Some will tell the truth others won't know the difference and others will lie and more then likely sell the noobs coz they won't know the difference if they didn't read anything about it
Yes I'm with d3pro and would pick the natives over most Morphs but my god there is some nice gtp morphs specially the canary ones
Thanx shaye

And if the hybrids don't turn out like the people want they will lie and say it's a pure if they think they will loose money

The problem with both hybrids and morphs is that the breeder has to hold back every single individual for at least a year to see how they turn out (unless he has rocks in his head). Then he will sell off the most ordinary individuals, while holding onto the best ones for future breeding. That's quite logical progression.
So, it may take a long tome yet before we start seeing spectacular specimens, like the ones above, on the open market and be sure they won't be cheap. ...... and they shouldn't be. Just consider the time, effort and investment the breeder has to sink into such project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back