Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Michael,

are you looking at getting into more GTP morphs, I know you have the mite phase pair, but do you plan on expanding or mainly sticking with the natives.....

Spot on Michael,

are you looking at getting into more GTP morphs, I know you have the mite phase pair, but do you plan on expanding or mainly sticking with the natives.....

I will always work with the natives, hopefully developing something or another with the vertebral line.
I have 2 females and one male ("international siblings") that look promising. Each one of them looks quite different, so there is a wide genetic variation within them and I hope that by putting the male over both females (inbreeding) will produce variable offspring. If all goes well and I end up with 2 clutches next year, then I'll be seeking some new blood for future breeding. I was looking for a mite phase male not long ago but I then decided to go with what I've got.
This is one of the females:

This is the other female and the male. He looks bit plain but those alleles for white, black, blue and yellow are on his chromosomes.

Thats a good trio to work with, theres been some stunners posted on some of these threads lately. It wont be too long until we see quality morph GTPs.

But like you said, its a long process as you have to wait for the ontogenic change and even a further year before the true colous show.

Oooohhhh - they're all so pretty!!! I want one, no make it two, three!! Dammit!

if you want to see true hybrids type green tree python cross carpet python into google images:shock:
i was watching a snakebytes episode one of the old ones few years old now i think, they had a GTP x carpet it looked weird.

Making anysort of decent money from Hybrids i belive is just a lucky biproduct of the passion to make a purly asteticly beautiful/different looking animal.

donks

Donks that is the most beautiful and profound post I have read from you while your sober.... lol ;) I agree...Joking mate of course...but true!!!

I will always work with the natives, hopefully developing something or another with the vertebral line.
I have 2 females and one male ("international siblings") that look promising. Each one of them looks quite different, so there is a wide genetic variation within them and I hope that by putting the male over both females (inbreeding) will produce variable offspring. If all goes well and I end up with 2 clutches next year, then I'll be seeking some new blood for future breeding. I was looking for a mite phase male not long ago but I then decided to go with what I've got.
This is one of the females:

As Ben has said that is stunning...I like that much more than the other posted earlier...I am also just a fan of the beautiful classic chondro, amazingly beautiful animals...and one that EVERY person non herpers and herpers alike, that sees my collection, ALWAYS say "what a pretty snake" chondros are!
BUT I do love those animals M, they are top shelf for sure!!!

Silly question probably but is it impossible or just very expensive to have these GTP morphs shipped over from the states? There are some truely amazing animals out there...

It's been done... there was a few for sale 12 months ago.. The breeder got crucified by the herp community...

Any photo's out there of the viridis x carinata?

Silly question probably but is it impossible or just very expensive to have these GTP morphs shipped over from the states? There are some truely amazing animals out there...
Impossible, unless you are a Zoo.... unfortunately!

.... or know the right people. Many "Aussie breeders" have contacts with Indonesian suppliers. :shock:

logging out

haha... hey look a tree! *run away*

I think, in all seriousness, importing even normal looking chondros from other countries does more bad then good.
Factors such as disease and genetically weak animals (so just crappy cheap specimen) are on the top of list of reasons.
Then there is the fines that come if you are found, even just to be part of a ring of illegal reptile smugglers.
With all those negative variables, your better off paying top dollar for a native. (you will find that the fines will hurt your wallet more)

Have to say i didn't read eveyrthing but be aware that the first pic's are not "hybrids" there are morphs (or sometimes localities)

And most of them are amazing, US breeder are the pionneer for GTP's morphs and developped a lot : High Yellow, Lemon tree, blue, blue line, calico, patternless, dream, mustard, paradox, high white, Key lime, albino...

Have to say i didn't read eveyrthing but be aware that the first pic's are not "hybrids" there are morphs (or sometimes localities)

And most of them are amazing, US breeder are the pionneer for GTP's morphs and developped a lot : High Yellow, Lemon tree, blue, blue line, calico, patternless, dream, mustard, paradox, high white, Key lime, albino...

Lol yeah we established that lol... it was a my bad. Don't trust google images hahaha

Would have to say this python looks better than any others i have seen, I admit its still a boring python but it looks pretty cool. I seriously doubt pure bred snakes will look as good as hybrids in the future. I also doubt many so called 'pure' designer breeders will prentend to be pure when hybrid breeders are producing differant animals that look awesome. Its pretty well known that many breeders have crossed various types of carpets and "childreni" type snakeys in the past which have blended in to be what is considered pure.

If you are into desinger snakes hybrids are the go, but it doesnt mean any random hyrbrids are going to look awesome. If you think you can stay at the cutting edge of fashionable chik snakes without hybrids you will fall behind. That said im not really disapointed that mutations and hyrbids are illegal in Qld (whatever that may mean?)

attachment.php

that is smokeing hot, is it a jag or a jag sib?
jagchronos are apparently the in thing atm, personaly i like the carpalls and comas,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back