Gtp

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingera84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
has anyone ever had any dealings with red earth reptiles from Townsville. I'm looking at buying a hatchling green tree python.

I brought my first (and only so far) snake from Dan at Red Earth Reptiles, an albino Darwin.

He was very helpful and easy to deal with. Especially as it was my first snake and I had a few (a lot) of questions. Haha

It was flown from Townsville to Brisbane where I picked her up with no dramas what so ever.

The snake was in perfect condition, eats like an absolute champion (it is an ABSOLOUTE guts haha) and its temperment is great, had its first shed with me the other day and it was perfect. My friend ended up buying a Darwin from the same clutch and it also eats great, sheds great and has a great temperament. Don't know if that's cause he handled them a bit to get used to being handled or it's just their personalities. He also sent two care sheets about the Darwin's a week before a got the snake to make sure everything would be perfect for when I got her home for her cage.

I actually first contacted him about the GTP hatchlings and had a chat and he politely told me that since it was my first snake he wouldn't feel comfortable selling me one as they have different needs to other snakes and told me to go research them more. And I'm glad he did that because for me it came across as its not about the 'money' and he had a genuine concern for how well his snakes would be looked after.

And he was right, Im glad I didn't get a GTP python as my first one as there is a lot to know and also not being able to handle them as much and I love handleing my little Darwin. But GTP is next on the list! They are so beautiful!!

So to answer your question yes I've dealt with them and it was a positive experience.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :)

Thanks so much, I have had every python so far lol gtp is the next as I have waited a few years till I was experienced in reptile husbandry etc
i had contacted some big breeders but decided not to buy from them as they were so Rude and arrogant. Could not provide me with info on animal until I had paid..I guess it was to avoid wasting time if I wasn't serious...but I will not buy any animal without a history provides first etc .

Dan has been great so far sent me everything straight away. Photos of parents etc all records which made my decision very easy who to go with. I just wanted to check if he was legit as I couldn't find anything about them on net search. Thanks a lot for feedback .

That's okay :)

I had that same problem when researching as well, he should totally get a website and make life easier for himself.

And I agree with you. I think that some breeders forget that to sell a reptile it actually involves SELLING. For me, there is no way in hell that I would buy a reptile (or anything else for that matter) if I didn't like the person selling it to me no matter how pretty or how much I wanted that one or thing etc.

Before I joined this site I was watching and looking around for some time and some of the breeders comments and advertisements came across so rude (don't know if this was intentional or not) but it totally puts you off and there was no way I wanted to 'buy' into their business if they were going to act like that.

I don't really see how asking for parents pictures, feeding records etc are time wasting. If I was breeding I would upload and update that data to start with anyway so that would actually stop the time wasters because all of the information is there in the first place.

Upload piccies when you get your little one please!! They are so beautiful and so jealous of everyone that has one haha but I (like you did) will work on my husbandry skills so I don't break the little cutie haha :)

I also enquirer about a carpet morph once, the person I was talking to was so rude. I really really wanted the python but I said not a chance in the end, from pure disgust in her attitude.
I just chatted to Dan he is so helpful. Can't wait to get the little fella

Hi Bingera84

I just want to say thanks to Lara for her comments, they are very kind. We are small breeder and breed only a few snakes every year. We have only just begun to get a logo together (which I love) and we will have a web site up and running soon, which I agree will make life easier for everyone including me..

We keep and breed reptiles for one purpose; because we love it. We love our snakes and we get a big kick from raising up hatchlings and sending them off to people like Lara who have a genuine passion for them.

I think all breeders and keepers have got to remember that we all started off somewhere and we have a responsibility to help others out. Green tree pythons are amazing but they aren’t an easy care pet and require a level of skill and consistency that comes with experience (which binger84 has). But at the end of the day, who am I to say that you can or can’t keep this or that animal. I can only provide you with as much information as I have and give you genuine advice that I believe is in the best interest of the animal and the keeper.

Its great to hear that your are enjoying your albino so much Lara. Keep me posted.

Cheers
Dan

I have brought a hatchling Gtp and an Albino Darwin from Dan in the last 3 weeks. I couldn't be happier with both my reptiles and his service. I received full history of feeding shedding enclosure cleaning etc. My hatchings are gorgeous and healthy. I still message him almost everyday looking for advise and he always puts me on the right track. There's no doubt I will be buying more pythons from him in the near future.

Thanks again Dan

Clayton

Hi, I brought my GTP from Dan also...
I am a first time snake owner and Dan was awesome with his advice and my baby was flown down to Brisbane happy and healthy. Feeding and shedding well, couldn’t be happier with Red Earth Reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back