Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering would this be suitable for a yound childrens python and what would be the way to go to heat them in that click clack, it is just such an awesome design good work

cheers Scott

- It would be ideal for any small snake, the smaller space and hides the better, hatchys/juveniles like their sides to touch the sides of the hide.

- I use a heat mat under 1/3 of the tank, and with the fly screen bit it helps keep the cool end cool for me, because with click clacks it can be hard to establish a good thermal gradient.

how big a should a click clack be for a 10-11month old mac? he is about 40cm:)

sweet thats great news about the childrens python thanks, its going to be my first snake and dont want it dieing ahah heard they are pretty durable tho so meh great click clack again im stealing the idea :)

cheers Scott

im keeping it now in..lets say 30L or so, is that alrite?

My 8 month old Bredli are both in 30l clik claks and will remain in them until they are yearlings. I will then put the clik clak minus the lid in the bottom of the enclosure until they are comfortable in their new environs.

mate you've just done me a huge favour! i'm waiting on three juvies in the next few weeks, and need to upgrade some other click clacks, this is by far the best thread i've seen on click-clack set-ups! THANKYOU!!

My 8 month old Bredli are both in 30l clik claks and will remain in them until they are yearlings. I will then put the clik clak minus the lid in the bottom of the enclosure until they are comfortable in their new environs.

My boy's in a 50L (beginner mistake) but he's happy in there, and being in QLD it's easier for me to provide a better gradient. The girl I got is a little smaller, and she's a bit insecure so she'll be in that one for a little bit, and with the flywire it also helps a lot with temps

is any lighting needed with click clacks ? or is just a heat mat enough to bring the temp up for the hot end ?

is any lighting needed with click clacks ? or is just a heat mat enough to bring the temp up for the hot end ?

only if you are housing a diamond and even that is debatable. if the heatmatt is strong enough to reach the desired temps than any natural sunlight in the room should be enough (or open a curtain) . most pythons sleep all day anyhow

i use a heat mat for my girl, and it works great, for my boy i have a heatcord which i've woven in and out of a cooling rack, which does its job :)
i dont use lighting either, just take them outside for 15 mins once or twice a week

I have my 7 month old bredli in a 50 litre tub in quiet room of the house, and cos they love climbing I find the larger tub is good for branch/climbing space, and gives her more viewing room over her box. She spends a lot of time at the high end of her branch and if she's not there she's in her hide at warm end. She has a cool end hide, but I find she doesn't use it, just cools down in her tree. I spose the click clack size doesn't matter too much, as long they are happy there. You can always down size or upsize if they seem to be stressing, but that's the benefit of these enclosures not costing much to set up.

Good instruction manual though.

I have my 7 month old bredli in a 50 litre tub in quiet room of the house, and cos they love climbing I find the larger tub is good for branch/climbing space, and gives her more viewing room over her box. She spends a lot of time at the high end of her branch and if she's not there she's in her hide at warm end. She has a cool end hide, but I find she doesn't use it, just cools down in her tree. I spose the click clack size doesn't matter too much, as long they are happy there. You can always down size or upsize if they seem to be stressing, but that's the benefit of these enclosures not costing much to set up.

Good instruction manual though.

Yeah, she's calmer now, as she's feeding and just shed. Looking at upsizing her very soon, just need the larger tub!

Do you use a thermostat on the heat-mat for that click-clack enclosure?

If not, what size heat-mat do you use? and how many watts?

Do you use a thermostat on the heat-mat for that click-clack enclosure?

If not, what size heat-mat do you use? and how many watts?

I use a heat cord (15w) and a 20w heat mat.
I bought the heat mat off herp shop (aussie sun one...200mX350mm)
And I use a thermostat for both, just a switching one is all you need

is a 7watt heat mat ok for a 18ltr click clack ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back