Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the "plastic" fly wire mesh, not the metal, for the reason of nose rubbing and it's a bit cheaper :)

Yeah, I thought that would be the case but wanted to make it clear to anyone starting out.

thnx

Thanks a bunch for this, Im just about to get a hatchie and didnt even know what a click-clack was until recently, and to know what to do will help me a lot :)

this really needs to be a sticky? i search the other day to set up a click clack and this thread didn't even show up . now after seeing what emily's done will be making a few adjustments to my daughters central netts click clack . good work emily and thank you for taking the time to put this up

ty emily

thats the most helpful thread on this site again thank you so much i will be using that soon.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

While the fly screen isn't needed and can be just as easy with holes it can still be helpful and the photo frame is a great idea em. I would have never thought of that. Well done, makes a click clack look more like an enclosure.

I'ma add my 2c's to click clack i found that if u minimised the holes on tub to bare minimum and make most holes on top, it gives the option on using tub later on depending on size as a water bowl for larger python/monitors whilst still being useful for click clack at a later date

I dont quite understand how i would heat it/ keep it at the right temps. I know I need to put a heat mat under 1/3 - 1/2 of the click-clack, but what size/watt(?) heat mat would I use? where would I get a good one? what thermostat do I use? where do I put it? etc...

this is by far the most helpful post i have seen since i started researching how to best set up an enclosure for a smaller snake. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! now im not to scared to get a hatchie/juvenile for my first snake :D:D:D

Please excuse what seems to be a redundant question but I've searched this and other forums and I'm still not clear...

The heat mat I bought was a small ExoTerra one and I was planning to put a tile into the click-clack above the heat mat. Do I just sit the click-clack on top of the hear mat or do I put the heat mat inside of the click-clack? If the mat is going to sit under the click-clack should I use polystyrene foam or MDF under the heatmat to protect the table top? Similarly if the mat is going inside of the click-clack should I put polystyrene foam or MDF under the heatmat to protect the plastic of the click-clack?

Thanks in anticpation of someone with experience and patience answering my question! ;-)

Heat mat goes under 1/3rd of the tub and use a thermostat.

Please excuse what seems to be a redundant question but I've searched this and other forums and I'm still not clear...

The heat mat I bought was a small ExoTerra one and I was planning to put a tile into the click-clack above the heat mat. Do I just sit the click-clack on top of the hear mat or do I put the heat mat inside of the click-clack? If the mat is going to sit under the click-clack should I use polystyrene foam or MDF under the heatmat to protect the table top? Similarly if the mat is going inside of the click-clack should I put polystyrene foam or MDF under the heatmat to protect the plastic of the click-clack?

Thanks in anticpation of someone with experience and patience answering my question! ;-)

Heatmat outside the click-clack, under 1/3 of the container so you get a nice temperature gradient. I just pop mine straight on the table, as it's thermo controlled (although I still check frequently, as thermos can fail) it shouldn't get hot enough to damage the plastic of the click clack. Mine hasn't :)

Hey, insted of using a soldering iron, what about a drill? or is the plastic too thick

Hey, insted of using a soldering iron, what about a drill? or is the plastic too thick

Yeah, some people use drills, but I find the soldering iron works better, as the drill can sometimes crack the plastic and leave sharp edges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back