Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I found myself needing to set up another click-clack, and remembered how hard it was to find how to do it, so I thought I'd do a guide of how I did this one for all the newbies :D
Hope it's helpful

-YOU’LL NEED-
Plastic Container (This one’s 10L)
Soldering iron (Bunnings $6)
Ruler
Permanent Pen
-OPTIONAL-
Hand saw
Dowel
Photo Frame
Flywire

039-1.jpg

-STEP 1-

Use the ruler to mark out where you want your air holes (you don't have to rule them, just makes it look even and neat)

044.jpg

-STEP 2-
You'll need to plug in your soldering iron. Make sure you have a non-flammable surface to rest the iron on, and I also have some strong paper towel to wipe some of the melted plastic off the iron.

* DO THIS IN A WELL VENTILATED/OUTSIDE AREA*
(I don't want to be blamed for your health if you don't)

Place the iron on the dot you marked with the pen and gently push it through the plastic. Do this until you are satisfied with the amount of holes

046.jpg

048.jpg

I did some extra fancy stuff with the lid because I live in a humid climate, I put some holes in the shape I wanted (a rectangle in this case), and pushed out the piece of plastic. Then I covered a photo frame with some fly wire and glued it over the hole. But if you don't just put some holes in the lid the same way you did through

050.jpg

055.jpg

-STEP 3-
I measured up and across on the side of the container for where I wanted it and so both holes would line up when I put the dowel in. I drew around the dowel I had onto the container, melted it until there was a big enough hole for the dowel to go through, but so it doesn't roll around and the snake can't push the dowel out and escape

064.jpg

-STEP 4-
Melt a hole in the side with the soldering iron for thermostat probe. I placed the click-clack on the heat mat, added the substrate (paper towel), pushed the dowel through, and added in some hides (I had a spare aquarium log, and I also used toilet rolls). I've added in a small tile, so it creates a nice toasty basking spot. Also make sure there are no sharp edges around any of the holes on the inside of the click-clack. Add a water bowl and there we go!

DSCF2137.jpg

Just remember to disinfect everything and rinse it down before adding the snake!

Too easy! We have an adult stimson (purchased as an adult) but are due to get a hatchling in January - this will come in really useful - well worth doing for others benefit, thanks!

Very good tutorial for some of the people about to get themselves a hatchie python.

well done

Cameron

I really wish I had seen this when I had my hatchlings. This is brilliant for newbies. Good on you for being so clever (and patient) to think of doing it.

Hehe getting another snake? Thought it was odd you wanted more rats so soon :lol:

Good job on the how-to.

Sticky this

Good timing, I am in the market for my first hatchling!

and if you look closely, you can see my female bredli enjoying it :D

IN THE TOILET ROLL! :D

That's awesome thanks, seriously considering pretty much copying your idea of the fly wire and photo-frame, its good, but how do you hold it down? Or is there something I'm missing..?

IN THE TOILET ROLL! :D

That's awesome thanks, seriously considering pretty much copying your idea of the fly wire and photo-frame, its good, but how do you hold it down? Or is there something I'm missing..?

I seperately glued the flywire to the frame

i went all out
-used superglue on the ouside
-melted some of the plasic to the frame
- hot glued it to the outside

sturdy as anything

and you get ten points for finding her :lol:

Oooh I'll use my old's hot glue gun.

Thanks again for the guide. Never thought of that.

But with the open wire wouldn't it be harder to keep the temperatures constant?

Oooh I'll use my old's hot glue gun.

Thanks again for the guide. Never thought of that.

But with the open wire wouldn't it be harder to keep the temperatures constant?

I did that because I started her out with a globe, due to unfortunate circumstances the snake came before the heat mat, but I live in central queensland so in summer it will help not hinder. In winter I'll just cover it up if it's a problem, but I'm finding it's easier to keep temps constant as we're hittng 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back