Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im totally going to use this when i get my snake great job mate. would this work for a woma if i took out the sticks for it to wrap around??

how long do you think you could keep a hatchy jungle or diamond in one that size for max?

also whats the best way to check the temps in a click clack setup

The best way, in my opinion, is to invest in a Temperature Gun.

Ours was just under $40.00 (several plus months ago) at Bunnings. You can point it anywhere in the tub or enclosure, and get an accurate reading.

Its also endless fun at parties ;) :D

would one of them INFRARED TEMPERATURE GUNs they use for rc's do the trick
They use them on remote controlled cars to test there engine temps

Last edited:
Looks great! I love the idea of the photo frame, I think we might use it!

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this (as it's now 12 pages worth hehehe) but we actually screw our branches inside.
What we do is solder a small hole for the screw and then get a piece of dowel or branch the right size and screw it in place.
This leaves NO room for error and an escapable click clack :)

Just thought we'd offer our tip but yours looks great!

Thermometer or temp gun - I use thermometers but will purchase a temp gun shortly.

just a quick question my setups are going to be sitting on my wooden dressers with heat mats
should i put some rubber between the wood and the heat mat

just a quick question my setups are going to be sitting on my wooden dressers with heat mats
should i put some rubber between the wood and the heat mat

I put a large tile underneath. It cost me 95c at bunnings. if you don't want the tile to scratch the wood get those cheap cloth stickers for chair legs.

I've used this guide to build a few click-clacks now (mainly because I decide to upsize). After a bit of practise, I'm able to do it in a couple of minutes. Great guide.

Not sure how important it is, but I've read and been advised to put the ventilation holes (if you go down that route) at the top of the click-clack, so as to minimise and breezes, etc. Although I guess this will depend on where your snake spends most of its time.

Quick question. I've got a yearling Jungle Python and she's been in a 30 litre click-clack. Would a 70 litre one be okay? I bought a 70 litre container last night and am going to make a new enclosure for her. I still find it rather confusing knowing what size enclosure is suited and for how long it is suitable for..

I'm maybe even thinking of buying two stackable containers and cutting a hole in the lid of the bottom one and the base of the top one, then gluing together. This way I can make a larger/higher click-clack for the Jungle Python..

i think if your jungle is a year old and is a decent size you should start thinking about a proper encloser for it something thats a decent size

as for cutting and gluing 2 togeather you have to remember that you still have to get to the bottom one to clean it so you would have to cut a big hole

just my input but its upto you

I was just wondering with a jungle hatchie in a click-clack, do I need a light or ceramic heater(for night)? Is the heat mat enough heat when the snake is on the perch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back