Halloween?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and for everyone else.... i should have done my homework before posting about halloween. every other halloween thread got flamed by the *same* people.

almost every culture has some kind of halloween celebration. its just that north america throws the best party. they do exactly the same thing in Canada, but no one is putting it down as a stupid Canadian holiday?

Day of the Dead - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and for everyone else.... I should have done my homework before posting about halloween. Every other halloween thread got flamed by the *same* people.

Almost every culture has some kind of halloween celebration. Its just that north america throws the best party. They do exactly the same thing in canada, but no one is putting it down as a stupid canadian holiday?

day of the dead - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

lol!

hmmm.... is that lolling at me or with me? :?

:D
I'm LOLing with you and at myself :eek:, I knew about the mexican day 0f the dead didnt realise others did it also.
Still no one wants it mate, the one at Movieworld looks good however.
As a one off I can kinda understand but you dont need a yankee village idiot day for a reason to dress up every year.
I just sick and tired with the "amerikkkanisation" of OZ.

I'm LOLing with you and at myself :eek:, I knew about the mexican day 0f the dead didnt realise others did it also.
Still no one wants it mate, the one at Movieworld looks good however.
As a one off I can kinda understand but you dont need a yankee village idiot day for a reason to dress up every year.
I just sick and tired with the "amerikkkanisation" of OZ.

I agree! In fact its incredibly hypocritical of me, as i have been raised understanding the pagan roots of all festivals and think its ridculous we celebrate life and rebirth (easter) as we come into winter when everything is dying, let alone celebrate death and the harvest during spring when everything is blooming. (somehow i think i'd have a hard time convincing anyone to go to a halloween party in May though!

I guess i dont associate halloween with being strictly "american" as all the halloweens i have celebrated were in Canada (and japan actually)! and you know how those canadians feel about being lumped in with americans!

as i said, i've seen how fun it can be, and thats all its about really. an excuse for girls to dress up in sexy, macabre nurses uniforms and wonder woman suits. ha ha ha.

(and yes, i realise wonder woman is not scary, but it all about the costumes people!)

and c'mon -isnt it aussie enough to latch on to any excuse for a party?? lol

Last edited:
So I guess none of you hypocrites celebrate xmas either:rolleyes::lol: I bet you don't complain when mummy & daddy hand over their hard earned cash in the form of presents.

There's a reason it's always the same people Rox & that reason sounds like this........
baa baa baa

So I guess none of you hypocrites celebrate xmas either:rolleyes::lol: I bet you don't complain when mummy & daddy hand over their hard earned cash in the form of presents.

There's a reason it's always the same people Rox & that reason sounds like this........
baa baa baa

:lol::lol::lol:

I absolutely ADORE Halloween! It's my favourite day/night of the year. ANY excuse to dress up is a good excuse for me :) When I lived in Qld, I went to the Movieworld night and had a fantastic time!
I also love Halloween for the ancient traditions, too.
I usually go as a 1/2 skeleton but this year will be dressing up as Abby from NCIS. We are having a theme night at our local Club/Pub :)

Attachments

• 11 Kaz & Jen Halloween night.jpg
    11 Kaz & Jen Halloween night.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 53
As a venturer we create a halloween night for the scouts as its a great linking night and we all have a great time. Last year I went as Morticia Addams, and this year I am going as the angel of death. This years party is also expecting a grim reaper, a banshee, a vampire and gean simmons.
Heres some pics from last year. My sis is the vampire and the thing between us is a werewolf.

Attachments

• l_1776158fe1974dd09e0d54a19073745a.jpg
    l_1776158fe1974dd09e0d54a19073745a.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 46
  • l_1b22d38cc36b44aba03d75e70a1e4fb2.jpg
    l_1b22d38cc36b44aba03d75e70a1e4fb2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 47
hey DarkRose, i saw your thread from earlier in the year asking for ideas for your scouts night (after everone gave me *****, i looked for previous halloween posts..).

its a fun thing to do. especially for kids (i think) and its all about the fun! (imo)

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH here we go again............ same old same old, we did this LAST year!!!!!!!

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH here we go again............ same old same old, we did this LAST year!!!!!!!

not sure what that is supposed to mean, but i wasnt here last year, and really (as posted) was looking for a cool melbs halloween bash.

thought i'd hear from some excited people in the process. i know ive seen a lot of goth types -and people who just like to dresss up- on here, so thought i'd get a pretty positive response.

as i said before. if you dont have anything nice to say......

(oh, and does that mean that everytime easter or xmas comes around you pay no attention cos you just did it the year before?)

i'm sorry if im starting to get really defensive, but this was meant to be fun.

sorry Rox, its just that the same subject thread last year turned into a verbal bun fight, and the same arguement isbeing started already................................ Inasmuch as I am pagan, I don't see this feast as something to be taken lightly, but I have mellowed in the last year, and if there are those that want to have fun, then it's never going to be stopped, so all I can say is go have fun, and good luck to you.
It would be nice if everyone was to acknowledge the time for what it is, even though they make it into a fun night. but, well, we can't have everything!!

like any other night I'm going to dress up as a chef and spend my time threatening to do all sorts of nasty things to my apprentices....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back