Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is crazy, is this for the cooling period? I mean I know they live in the granite belt and it gets cold in winter but a refrigerator is bloody cold.

i could be wrong but i believe the refridgeration is for the cooling period. You only need to get it down in the vicinity of 5c which might be difficult for Rob up in QLD but if you were to breed them in the southern states or a cooler climate, refridgeration most likely wouldnt be neccesary.

i could be wrong but i believe the refridgeration is for the cooling period. You only need to get it down in the vicinity of 5c which might be difficult for Rob up in QLD but if you were to breed them in the southern states or a cooler climate, refridgeration most likely wouldnt be neccesary.
Spot on ... according to Rob's paper his orignial colony were established whilst on the central NSW coast where the temps are similar (although less extreme) to their natural habitat. The colony was cooled in a set up located outside with temps getting down to around 5C at night (but an average of 8-10C). When Rob moved to Qld he started experimenting using a fridge, with geckos spending approx 10hrs/day in a fridge and brought out at night to get temps in the low teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back