• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hand Raised Eclectus Perrot

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the nice comment spilota:) They are nice birds. Just letting everyone know that the above eckies have now both been sold. They went to reallly nice homes where they will be very well looked after. Their new owners are very happy with them:)

I have another little eclectus (2 weeks old now) that will be available in about 8 weeks. Taking orders now.

For further info please pm:)

Will post pics up of this little one soon

Have you trained the parents to talk or anything like that? How old will they be when your happy to let them go?

The eccies are REALLY nice birds...Im into the parrot breeding too, I also love the Indian Ringnecks and Alexandrines, and Black cockies....Do you have any non hand raised eccies? if so what price for those?

hi guys. I only have the hand raised eckies at the moment. Sorry:(

The little guy is coming along very nicely, he will be a nice BIG bird. I'll try and post photos tonight:)

You don't actually need any licence for these eclectus:)

Tatelina, in regards to your question. He can not talk as yet. He is only 3 and a half weeks old now, so just like a baby he is only making cute baby sounds and calls at this stage:) Eclectus make great talkers however, we have some that talk in sentances and can actually apply things to different situations.

We will let him go as soon as he is weaned. i.e- when he can eat all the fruits, veggies and seed etc. So that should be another 7-8 weeks. When they are eating we like to keep them for a week or 2 extra just to make sure that everything is going great with the feeding.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask:)

Ok, here are the photos of the little male that I;m taking orders for now:)

Attachments

• P1010680.JPG
    P1010680.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010681.JPG
    P1010681.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010682.JPG
    P1010682.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 27
in NSW you need a licence also but that is for the Australian eclectus, not for the other subspecies of Eclectus.

So is that the case in Vic and QLD also? I was in Victoria last year and there was no mention of licence in the pet store where they held an eclectus. I mean if there is thank you for the information:) however if it is for the Australian Eclectus then let me know:)

you need a license in Vic for an eclectus

you don't need a license for an Eclectus in Vic my soon to be Eclectus (from a pet shop) does not need a license as all the common Eclectus birds that you see for sale are not Australian, they are the Paupa New Guinie ones (or howeva you spell it). the Australian ones are rare and MUCH more expensive than the one's for sale here.

Snow thank you for that confirmation:) and yes the Australian eclectus are MUCH more expensive:)

So just letting everyone know, there is no need for a licence for the eclectus that is for sale here.

Just to sort of clear it up for everyone, the "normal" eclectus are a mish mash of the other sub-species. They aren't really a sub species themselves in the same way that a darwin X diamond carpet aren't a sub-species. A similar state of affairs to the whole hybrid carpet python thing. The eclectus that are worth real money (and very rare) are the PURE sub-species.

-H

and for the "exotic" birds here in WA i have to pay a once of $4 license...hahahaha yep, $4....lol, however the aussie parrots need proper licences and stuff here...

yes most eclectus for sale are a mix of the different subspecies. It would be like mixing the different localities of the stimson python. The pure subspecies come with a nice price too -if you can find genuine ones.

There has been quiet a few people saying that they have pure Red sided or Australian eclectus and were proved to be wrong. Most of the time it is really hard to distinguish the pure specimen from the non and people take advantage of that.

I mean I could say that my one is a vosmaeri eclectus as this little boy has a nice yellow stripe on his tail:)

The subspecies vary in size and colour depending on their geographical location- (same as a stimson would for example). So it's a matter of locality mix

If you compared this situation of creating a hybrid of snakes to the parrot world it would look like this- say crossing a diamon with a jungle or any carpet python together would be like crossing a major mitchell and a sulphar crested cockatoo creating a hybrid so very different then say crossing a Northern Territory Galah with one of our Sydney ones (locality).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back