Handling baby carpet pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwayne84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
After some tips on handling baby carpet python e.g. how much is too much , how long just had the little guy out with a hook didn't strike but then turned around bite my finger lol lol I understand stand it's normal just after tips from albino carpet pythons owners cheers

once or twice a week 10-15minutes / to clean an enclosure

I take mine out twice a week just to hold for 20minutes then she goes back home she use to bite but now she's use to it
[doublepost=1593324917,1593324883][/doublepost]Mines a Darwin albino

There's no hard and fast rule. It depends on the type of handling; some people just enjoy having a snake curled up in their lap while they watch a movie or whatever, and others like to gently handle, and others like to actively move it around, etc etc. It depends on the individual snake, time of year, etc. No handling is necessary and I basically never handle most of my snakes, but some people get them out for hours most days. If for whatever reason I do handle one, I don't feel bad about handling it for an hour or two, although for me that's rare and I'd usually just not be interested in physically interacting with it for more than about 5 minutes, and generally it's just to inspect it or take pictures. I have a favourite snake and I like to play with her for about 15 minutes once or twice per year or so. If the snake is feeding well and healthy etc, you're doing okay.

Back