Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dihsmaj

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of like 1 to 10 of good lizards to handle?
Disregard Beardies, Blueys and Shingles, please.

#1: Water Dragon
#2: Southern Forest Dragon
#3: Central Netted Dragon

These Dragons will just tolerate being handled, and even then it depend on the individual, i doubt anyone will be able to name 10 excluding the ones you said 'don't count'.

still i don't think that there are that many that handle being handled to much...Yoda loves it and shirt surfing.

ive got a jacky lizard and shes fine with me taking her out and stroking her, very calm tempered, lovely lizard.

most skinks tame pretty well but thats more like them playing dead Source excellent skills at catching and relocating lizards

It kinda depends on the individual ay and ALOT of hard work.

Youtube walking my monitor and you'll see what I mean.

Some skinks can become fairly tame.. my baby eastern waters r good :)

1 Varanus varius
2 Varanus komdoensis
3 Varanus spenceri
4 Varanus trisitis tristis
5 Hemidactylus frenatus
6 Varanus tristis
7 Lampropholis delicata
8 Varanus Priscus
9 Varanus salvator
10 Tympanocryptis cephalus

Anyone who hasnt hugged all these lizards or at least poked them with their finger to see if they jiggle are just noobs, most likely resposible for the current decline in the hobby.

all lizards are diffrent ive have some water dragons that would rater run and hide then be touched and ive have heaps of geckos that run to your hand its all about letting them adjust

there is no list :).
in general they dont like being handled/patted like a cat.

i only handle them when need to, treat them with respect and most lizards will calm over time and maybe respect you in return. no need to handle them any more than necessary imo

1 Varanus varius
2 Varanus komdoensis
3 Varanus spenceri
4 Varanus trisitis tristis
5 Hemidactylus frenatus
6 Varanus tristis
7 Lampropholis delicata
8 Varanus Priscus
9 Varanus salvator
10 Tympanocryptis cephalus

Anyone who hasnt hugged all these lizards or at least poked them with their finger to see if they jiggle are just noobs, most likely resposible for the current decline in the hobby.

Yeah, I'll move and get a Varanus komdoensis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back